How to Clean Levelor Blinds

Levelor blinds can become quite dusty and dirty over time. Cleaning Levelor blinds can be a bit of a chore, but there are some tricks that can make it easier.

What is the best way to clean Levelor blinds? My small blinds get VERY dusty and the ones in the kitchen are dirty from cooking. I have 38 windows, so need an easy way to get these blinds sparkling clean. I can't go without blinds as I live in a subdivision and have neighbors who could see in.

I love a clean house!

Diana from Prospect, KY

Answers

Best Answer

I agree with Debbie. I put mine in the bathtub and scrub them with a sponge. I use hot water with a little bit of dish detergent, to cut the grease. I then lay them out on thick towels on the floor with the ceiling fan going and they dry pretty quickly. It's not fun, but it's quicker than doing them slat by slat. I usually do mine only once a year.

Best Answer

I've always used baby wipes. It takes a little time but well worth it. No spots from water. I only have twelve blinds. So compared to yours mine takes half the time. If you like clean you'll try it. It takes off the dust build up and doesn't leave any heavy residue. I've been using baby wipes for blinds for years. Do a few windows then take five do another. I do this every season. In between I use the hose vacuum for dust.

Jennifer CA

By smokymtns2000 (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have Levelor Riverera aluminum mini blinds, they are a hunter green on one side and white on the back side, I have cleaned them in the bathtub before with no problem, but this time, I noticed the finish was dull and chalky ( I only used water) so I called Levelor for a solution to the finish, and here is what the Levelor Rep said " Washing the blinds voids the warranty" and the only solution she offered was to go to Lowes and buy replacements, well that is not a practical solution for me. I bought my blinds 16+ years ago and I had only washed one blind( I am painting so thought it would be a good time to take it down and clean it). Now the paint did not come off but the finish is ruined, so this is what I did to restore the color to my dark Green blinds, I took a metal polish designed for use on cars and used it on my blind and it brought the nice green color back and you can't even tell that it had been ruined, it was time consuming , I had to polish each and every slat, but considering my alternative it was worth it.

Best Answer

I have a floor steamer that comes apart for hand cleaning. I give them a good blast of steam and wipe with a sock. Works pretty well.

According to the Clean ladies on BBC you are never supposed to get the top part with all the clutches and wheels wet. I also noticed this got the strings really clean, also.