How to Clean White Streaks on Bathroom Mirror

Category Bathroom
Glue residue, some cleaners, and other household products sometimes leave hard to remove white marks on mirrors. This is a guide about how to clean white streaks on bathroom mirror.

I have a friend that has a huge mirror above her bathroom sinks. There are streaks of some sort on this mirror that will not be cleaned off. She said she has tried everything, but nothing will remove these streaks. What could this be from and how might they be removed? These streaks are white and very noticeable. They start at the top of the mirror and run down in streaks in different places. They can be wiped off, but come back just like some kind of a haze. Thanks.

By Shedra from UC, TN

Answers

Best Answer

I had a similiar problem as this with a new mirror I had installed. It happened to be glue residue on the mirror. I was told to spray the mirror with Windex and use a razor blade (like the kind you can buy for scraping paint off small areas - the blade lifts up and out) to scrape the mirror. I was amazed. The residue came right off. The mirror needs to be wet to avoid the razor from scratching the mirror.

Blessings!

Best Answer

Rubbing alcohol worked for me when nothing else did.

Use vinegar and water solution to wash and use old newspaper instead of paper towels to dry. This works great on windows, too.

Hello Shedra!
I had a problem similar to this very recently, however it was of my own doing. (WD-40 is NOT good on mirrors no matter what anyone tells you!)
Long story short, I had a huge mess and poured a little vinegar on a paper towel and now my bathroom mirror is frighteningly clean. Newspaper could work too, but this is definitely a job for vinegar.