How to Fix a Peeling Airbag Cover?

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Closeup of a dashboard airbag.On the dash in my car, above the glove box one corner of my air bag is "peeling". It seems like it's about to burst any day. How can I seal/close this? How can I prevent it from peeling anymore than it has?

By KarenAkaDimples from Chicago, IL

Answers

Best Answer

Take the car to your dealer for him to give you their option on how to fix the peeling problem. When my cover began to lift I went to the dealer and found there was a recall to make a fix.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 205 Posts

Take Foxrun41'a advice and head for the dealer immediately! If it looks like it's about to burst, you don't want it bursting while you are driving! The dealer should be able to fix it to where it's safe again. I'm afraid any home remedies may not be strong enough to hold it in case it did try to burst.

My 2003 Olds Acura did that. First time, no charge to be fixed but it happened with the new one too. Its just the vinyl from the heat from the sun.

I pulled it off. It didn't affect the airbag, just that the dash was then ugly. Finally traded it in.

Answer this Question

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceFebruary 12, 2018
😎
🌻
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Fix-a-Peeling-Airbag-Cover.html