How to Make 3D Hand Art
This is a fun project for both kids and adults. Follow these instructions to turn a simple tracing of your hand into an awesome piece of 3-D art.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I saw this project years ago and loved it. I recently taught it to my daughter and she had so much fun with it. Her friends came over and the first thing they did was try this project. They couldn't wait to show their moms what they made when they came to pick them up. Success! This project is easy and very inexpensive. The results are stunning. Loved it!
Total Time: About 20 minutes, depending on how detailed you make it.
- markers or pens
- Trace your hand on a piece of paper. It looks best to have a bit of the wrist in the picture.
- Starting from the edge of your paper, make a straight line going across the page. When you get to the wrist, you are going to curve the line upwards, extending to the other side of the wrist. Then make a straight line from the wrist to the other edge of the paper.
- Using different colors, continue making the straight lines, curving at the wrist and hand. I made a pattern with the colors. It was fun and made it interesting.
- When you get to the fingers, make a curved line for each finger. Go straight across to the next finger, then curve at the next finger, etc.
- You can leave it like this or add words or doodles in between the lines. Have fun!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.