How to Make Peppermint Syrup as a Valentine's Gift
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 25, 2018
Are you still wondering what to do with all the leftover candy canes from Christmas? Do you keep passing by 90% clearance sales from Christmas? I say yes to both! Here is a beautiful peppermint syrup made from those canes to give to your Valentine this year. When cooked down, the candies make this beautifully vibrant hot pink syrup that is awesome in coffees, hot cocoas, and dessert recipes. No one will think this delicacy has anything to do with the holidays. Enjoy!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 jar
- 30 mini candy canes (or 12 regular sized)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 glass jar
- First, crush the candy canes into smaller pieces with a rolling pin or in a food processor.
- Pour candy cane bits into a saucepan with the water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat while constantly stirring with a whisk.
- Lower heat to simmer and keep stirring until all the candy bits are dissolved.
- As the syrup cools, it will thicken, then transfer it to a jar.
- Tightly screw on the lid, then tie a ribbon onto the neck.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.