Peppermint Patties Recipes
The exquisite flavor of peppermint with or without a coating of luscious chocolate make these a standout confectionery treat. This page contains peppermint patties recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These peppermint patties are thick and are coated with crushed peppermint candy. They were the hit of my cookie/candy swap this past Christmas.
Total Time: I hour and 45 minutes, but most of that is waiting time.
Yield: 16 patties
- 2 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening
- 8 oz 70% cacao bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup peppermint candies, crushed
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 2 1/4 cups of confectioners sugar together with corn syrup, water, peppermint extract, and vegetable shortening until just combined. (NOTE: I used a fork in a bowl and it worked fine.) The mixture will be very crumbly.
- Dust a work surface with remaining 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar. Empty contents of bowl onto work surface and knead until smooth (this will take a few minutes). Shape dough into a log, about 2 inches by 8 inches long.
- Wrap tightly in parchment paper and freeze until very firm, about 20 minutes.
- Remove dough and slice into rounds using a sharp knife.
- Place rounds onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze again until firm, for at least 15 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals. Cool slightly. Chocolate should be warm but not so hot that you cannot put your finger into it.
- Cover another baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove patties from freezer one at a time and submerge into melted chocolate (we just used our hands). Coat quickly and allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place on parchment paper lined pan and sprinkle with crushed candies. Repeat, covering all patties with chocolate and candy.
- Let patties stand until chocolate is set, about 1 hour. Store in fridge, between wax paper in an airtight container. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Total Time: 1 1/2 hour
Yield: 20 peppermint patties
Source: My sister Patty
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- cornstarch for dusting
- 1 16- oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, (not plastic) beat egg white until stiff and forms peaks.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, blending on medium speed
- Add the corn syrup and peppermint extract and knead the mixture until smooth.
- Dust flat surface and rolling pin lightly with cornstarch, roll to 1/4-inch thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter, glass, or can about the same size, make circles. Make approximately 20 and place them on cookie sheets, to firm up in the refrigerator, about 45 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave set on high for 1 minute, stir and repeat.
- Drop each patty into the chocolate and coat completely. Lift the coated patty from the chocolate. I use a big slotted spoon, some people use forks, what ever you want to use! Place on wax paper.
- 8. Chill the peppermint patties until firm, about 30 minutes.
Note: This recipe contains uncooked egg whites.
November 1, 20051 found this helpful
Flatten with a glass to 1/4 inch and chill for 30 minutes. In a double boiler or microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening...Read More...
October 1, 20050 found this helpful
Blend margarine, corn syrup, peppermint extract and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add p. sugar and mix with spoon or hands till smooth.Read More...