Aunt Patty's Peppermint Patties
Total Time: 1 1/2 hour
Yield: 20 peppermint patties
Source: My sister Patty
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- cornstarch for dusting
- 1 16- oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, (not plastic) beat egg white until stiff and forms peaks.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, blending on medium speed
- Add the corn syrup and peppermint extract and knead the mixture until smooth.
- Dust flat surface and rolling pin lightly with cornstarch, roll to 1/4-inch thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter, glass, or can about the same size, make circles. Make approximately 20 and place them on cookie sheets, to firm up in the refrigerator, about 45 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave set on high for 1 minute, stir and repeat.
- Drop each patty into the chocolate and coat completely. Lift the coated patty from the chocolate. I use a big slotted spoon, some people use forks, what ever you want to use! Place on wax paper.
- 8. Chill the peppermint patties until firm, about 30 minutes.
Note: This recipe contains uncooked egg whites.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!