How to Make a Chicken Go a Long Way
I am trying to make what I cook go a long way. This roasting chicken, made 3-4 meals! And I bought it on sale for around $5.00.
- 4 lb roasting chicken
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted for basting/with spice-garlic, sage, pepper, onion powder, basil, & celery salt
- Ingredients for gravy
- wondra flour mix
- chicken broth (and add the broth that was simmering on the stove)
- Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed chicken
- 1 rolled pie crust
- Chicken Salad
- cubed chicken
- minced celery
- celery salt
- 1 tsp dill weed
- salt and pepper
Leftover chicken and gravy over egg noodles
- Cook the roast chicken until the internal temperature is 160 F. Let it cool. Then cut it up.
- Simmer the giblets of the chicken in a pot with a small chopped onion, chopped celery, salt and pepper, and a little sage. Simmer all day!
Chicken Pot Pie
- Start by making a thick and creamy gravy. Using 2 cups of chicken broth mixed with flour, parsley, chives, pepper, salt, garlic, onion powder, a bit of sage, Mix well in a large bowl. Pour into a saucepan. Heat on medium, stirring well. If too thick, thin it with chicken broth.
- Add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Then add 2 cups of cubed chicken, simmer and stir.
- Pour into a deep dish glass pie dish.
- Roll out a pie crust. Top the pie. Pinch the edges. Beat 1 egg, brush over the top of the the crust. Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes until golden brown.
Roast chicken dinner
- Make a batch of mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
- Make the roast gravy.
- Use the cut up pieces of chicken. Have some cranberry sauce.
- Cubed or shredded chicken.
- Mince 1/2 cup celery.
- Chill and serve on bread, roll, or pita pockets with some lettuce.
- Leftovers - cut up remaining chicken and use gravy and serve over egg noodles.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.