How to Make a Paper Plate Fan
This is a simple paper plate, coloring and sticker craft, for helping young hands to create a cooling fan. This is a page about how to make a paper plate fan.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Children will have lots of fun making these colourful paper plate fans. Help younger ones along by doing the gluing for them. If you like, use a glue gun for speed as long as you keep it out of reach of little fingers.
- 1 paper plate
- crayons, paints, or markers for colouring
- strong glue
- 4 lolly sticks
- Use scissors to cut the plate in half. One plate will make 2 fans.
- Draw a design.
- Colour it in with crayons, paints, or markers.
- I like mine just as it is, but you could let your imagination run wild with embellishments, ribbon, lace, buttons, collage, decoupage, and such like.
- Glue two sticks to the back of the fan and glue them together where they cross.
- A little bow where they cross and embellishments at the top of the sticks is nice.
- I dare you to be bold and use your beautiful fan in public. You could also use it as a decoration. It would look lovely in a bedroom.