Making a Paper Plate Smiley Face
This kids craft is a great project to do at a birthday party. This guide will teach you how to make a paper plate smiley face
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- yellow paper plate
- black paper
- black yarn
- Cut 2 silver dollar size circles from black construction paper for the eyes.
- Cut out a 2 1/2 inch smiley face mouth or alternately another circle.
- Cut 10 pieces of yarn each 3 inches long. Line up 9 of them, use the tenth to tie them together in the middle for the hair. Alternately use 9 6-inch pieces of yarn, then braid them together to make a girl.
- Glue on the eyes and the mouth.
- Then glue the hair on and let dry.
This makes an excellent activity for groups of children if the cutting is done beforehand.
By Debbie from Nevada, IA
August 30, 20100 found this helpful
I thought the hair was clever eyebrows. Hair makes much more sense.
Creative craft for kids learning to paste and learning their shapes. I would use a large punch to cut out the eyes. Would the kids be able to draw on the mouth if they used a stencil or drew around a glass the correct diameter?