Making a Crochet Smiley Face Door Knob Cover
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 148 Posts
January 11, 2012
Here is a cute little crochet Smiley to slip over your doorknob. Add a bit of sunshine to your day. It's fast and easy to make. You can also slip it on in a get well card to a friend.
Approximate Time: less than an hour
- few yards of 4 ply yarn - bright yellow
- black felt or craft foam
- small rubber band or few inches of round elastic
- white Elmer's Glue or low temp glue gun
- crochet hook, size G
- Hold end of yarn and wrap twice around your thumb to form a double circle.
- Remove your thumb and insert hook into double circle; then pull yarn through with your hook as shown in photos.
- Rnd 1: Ch 2 (counts as first DC) Make 14 more DC in circle. Join to top of Ch 2.
- Rnd 2: Ch 2, 1 DC in same st. 2 DC in next st, and
each st around (30 DC) Sl St in top of beginning st to join, Ch 2.
- Rnd 3: 1 DC in next st and each st around. Join with Sl St. Ch 2.
- Rnd 4: Repeat Round 3, ending with Sl St, Ch 1.
- Rnd 5: * Skip 1 st, SC in next st. Repeat from*
around and fasten off.
*Work over a small rubber band or weave a piece of round elastic through round 5 when finished.
- Cut eyes and mouth from black felt or craft foam using the pattern below, and glue in place.
If using Elmer's Glue, allow to dry completely, then, slip over the doorknob.
This could also be worn as a lapel ornament.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.