Handmade Fan Crafts

Category Miscellaneous
There are a variety of ways to make a fan to help cool you off or decorate your home. This is a guide about handmade fan crafts.

You can give two gifts at once with this fan by secretly putting a pin in it.

Approximate Time: 2 hours

1. I used a floral spray to soften the stark white of the fan then glued the doily to it.
  2. I gathered the bottom portion at the handle point of the fan with needle and thread.
  3. Start by making little nosegays of roses as in the one photo. Glue a rose to leaves for a couple of sets.
  4. Ad

5. Gather the ribbon at the points where you want your nosegays and wrap the wires around the ribbon.
  6. Using your hot glue secure to the doily right behind where the gathered ribbon will be placed.
  7. Ad

8. Glue gathered ribbon with nosegays in place.
  9. Make three long loops of different lengths for the backing for your pin and glue them in place.
  10. Ad

11. You can add more nosegays over the ribbon streamers and a small decoration. I used a teddy bear.
  12. Pin your pin to it. Refer to the photo of the back of the fan for an easy hanger made from a paper clip.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

A simple paper plate, coloring and sticker craft for young hands to create a cooling fan. This is a guide about how to make a paper plate fan.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a hand shaped paper fan. This unique paper fan is made in the shape of your hand.

This is a guide about making a crocheted fan. You can use this same pattern to make a pin, or barrette by changing the size.

This is a guide about making a paper fan. Many of us have made quick folded paper fans as children. Now you can make a pretty upscaled one for yourself or to give as a gift.

This is a guide about making a paper rose fan. You will enjoy making this pretty paper fan as much as you will using it.

I would like to make round hand fans to cover with fabric. I'm having a hard time finding the right sizes, ex. 9, 10, 11, or or 12 inch round cardboard cutouts with or without handles. I can purchase those separately and attach them myself. Has anyone ever ordered round cardstock ?

By Mamie from Kingston, TN

The only things I can think of that are precut and round, are the card stock that bakers use under cakes. If you have a restaurant supply store near you, you may find these available. A thinner cardboard round is the tops that are put on top of tin pans used for carry out food. Also, available at a restaurant supply store. For handles, I suggest tongue depressors that are available online from a manufacturer in Maine, Solon, Inc.

I agree with jobellecollie. Both can be purchased at a good craft store.

Use any card stock and use an up-side-down bowl to round off the corners. After you get one done, you can use that one for a pattern to make the rest.

I made 50 fans this past spring for my church and made my own template .