Making a Hand Shaped Paper Fan

Category Miscellaneous
This unique paper fan is made in the shape of your hand. This is a guide about making a hand shaped paper fan.

There was a sudden power interruption and life went boring. It was a hot afternoon so I went looking for something that I could use as fan. Then I saw a piece of an old folder. It looked plain and lonely. And that's why I came up with the idea of making a literal hand fan.

• folder/cardboard
  • pencil
  • scissors
  • glue
  • crayons

1. Place your hand on the folder or cardboard. Put it near the corner of the folded edge of the folder.
  2. Trace hand with a pencil.
  3. Cut out the hand. Cut through both thicknesses of the folder. Do not cut the folder edge apart.
  4. Glue the two sides of the folder together. You can add layers of cardboard. The thicker, the better.
  5. Look at your hand. Copy and draw the details (fingernails and lines). It looks fun when you write catchy words.
  6. Flip and draw details of your palm.
  7. Color with crayons or any coloring material.
  8. If you want a bigger "hand fan", ask your dad or your brother. Boys have bigger hands than girls. :-D I think it's a great idea for Halloween, too!
  9. Ad