How to Make a Stiffened Doily Bowl
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts
May 11, 2019
With this recipe for fabric stiffy, you can create a cute lacy bowl for friends, loved ones, or just something nice for your home.This is super easy and the most time spent on this project is for drying. These are great for office, bath, or as a decorative piece for those favorite jewelry pieces that you use daily, or even as a dish for keys.
Total Time: 24 hours drying time
- 1/2 cup school glue
- 1/2 cup water blended
- lace doily or fabric
- plastic wrap
- spray clear coat
- Make your your stiffy mixture using 1/2 cup school glue and 1/2 cup water blended.
- Place mixture in a medium or large bowl.
- Dip lace or fabric in the mixture, making sure it's fully covered.
- Take plastic wrap and cover the outside of the bowl.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the fabric. Place the bowl upside down and place the lace doily around securing in place by pressing.
- Place in a warm dry area for 24 hours.
- Use a spray sealer for future hold.
- Ready to fill and display.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.