How to Make a T-shirt Yarn Necklace
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
May 25, 2017
Do you love making a fashion statement with unique jewelry? Here is an easy way to make a stunning necklace from mix-and-match T-shirt yarn!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: one necklace
- roll of pink, gray, and purple mix-a-match T-shirt yarn
- 12mm crochet hook
- needle and matching thread
- sewing pin
- standard scissors
- Cut 6 strings of T-shirt yarn, each with a length of approximately 80".
- Start with the first string of T-shirt yarn. Make a slip knot approximately 17" from the one end of the string.
- Crochet 21 chain stitches ~ try and keep the stitches even in size.
- To finish, pull the remaining string through the loop.
- Do the same with the 5 other strings of T-shirt yarn.
- Use the sewing pin to pin all 6 strings together below the slip knots at the start of each chain. Now use a backstitch to neatly sew them together.
- Cut two pieces of string from the remaining yarn on the roll, each with a length of 8". Wind one piece tightly around the area where the 6 strings were sewn together and use a backstitch to secure. (Note: You will use the second 8" piece of string in step 9.)
- Now gather the six strings together 10" lower down from the area where the short piece of string was wound, and use a backstitch to sew them together. Neatly cut the ends behind the stitches shorter.
- Repeat steps 6, 7, and 8 on the other side of the six chains.
- Place the two ends of the necklace over one another and use a backstitch to neatly sew everything together.
- Cut a 16" piece of T-shirt yarn from the roll. Wind this piece tightly around the area where the two ends were connected and use a backstitch to secure.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.