How to Support a Ring Mandrel with Corks

Category Other
If you have a business selling new and vintage rings, having a mandrel for accurate sizing is a must. Create a cork base surround to make it more convenient to use, by following the instructions below.

I recently began to resell new and second hand rings. But I didn't have a way to measure them till I got a ring size tower*. Standing it up was not possible till I thought of this.

Total Time: 30 Minutes

Yield: 1

• 6 corks ($ )
  • hot glue gun ($ )
  • scissors ($ )
  • 1 peanut butter lid ($ )
  • 6-8 in scrap raffia
  • 6 buttons (optional)

1. Take the corks and hot glue them to the 6 beveled sides of the tower base.
  2. Advertisement

3. Continue till all 6 are glued.
  4. When the glue has cooled, take the raffia and glue as you go till it's good and tight. Tie it in a firm knot and glue that for extra stability.
  5. Find a lid that is just perfect for the 6 corks to sit in. I found a PB lid and it didn't even need glue it fit so perfectly. Glue on the buttons if you choose to use them. Now I can set the rings on it, showing the actual size, and it's "hands free". N-JOY!!
  6. Advertisement

*Editor's Note: This tool is officially called a ring mandrel.

Crafts OtherMarch 9, 2020
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Support-a-Ring-Mandrel-with-Corks.html