Ideas for Updating a Vanity Light?

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to change the look of my bathroom vanity light without having to call in an electrician? It's an ugly ceiling mount over my sink. The lighting itself is good because it hangs down near the walls on each side. It is flush mounted lighting that is not good over a vanity because of the shadows it puts on your face.

Also all the ceiling fixtures I've seen are not for vanities. Have you seen any pretty fixtures that hang this way? I've checked the home improvement stores and looked online and haven't seen anything. Any way to change this look? I don't see how, but my ThriftyFun friends have came up with other solutions that I'd have never thought of.

By weinerdog41 from Ft. Worth,

Perhaps you could cover (wrap around) the chain with things such as garland, ribbons, bows, flowers, etc. That would hide the chain and make it look pretty. You could even do seasonal themes like Christmas, Valentines Day, etc. Good luck!

I would love to have such light in my bath. Been looking for something like this for months.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Lighting and ElectricFebruary 27, 2014
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Ideas-for-Updating-a-Vanity-Light.html