Identifying Tiny Black Bugs

My question is about these very, very tiny black bugs I've noticed hiding under and around things on my desk and window sill (in my bedroom).

My first guess would have been dust mites since I often find them in dusty places on my shelves between books and such, but my guys are always black.

The closest thing I've found to resemble them online are bed bugs (round, black,and tiny), only they seem to be a lot smaller than bed bugs (the size of a pin prick really), and I havent seen a single one in my bed, or experienced any biting from them.
I tried to take a photo with my phone, but theyre so so tiny I can't get a picture in any sort of focus.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

From the description, I would say you have carpet beetles. Many different specific kinds of carpet beetles exist. "Did they crunch when you squashed them? As an insect enthusiast, I never recommend unnecessary bug squashing (and most bug squashing is unnecessary, since the vast majority of insects on the planet do us no harm whatsoever). That said, if you're searching for information about tiny black bugs in your house and have arrived here, I'm pretty certain you don't like the bugs taking up residence in your home and have already squashed a few. So, did they make a crunchy sound when you did? You may have noticed they left a black or brown smear when you crushed them, too." insects.about.com/.../What-Are-These-Tiny-Black-Bugs-In...

Put them in a sealed plastic bag. Don't crush them. Take them to a place where they sell pesticides and they will help you.