Identifying Household Bugs?

How do I kill tiny bugs that I keep finding everywhere? They look like fruit flies, but don't fly. They seem to be around the house in food areas, but also in non-food areas.

They are easy to catch. They don't jump and they don't bite me.

Answers

Best Answer

You basically have two choices for this. You can put out some sticky flypaper to trap them on or use a spray to kill them with. I would use the sticky flypaper or make a homemade bug trap to trap them with. I have made some of these in the past and they work very well. Here is a site that can help you make one to trap the bugs in your home. www.instructables.com/.../

Best Answer

Hi,

Sometimes these little no-see-ums are attracted to water and they like anywhere that is damp. Many times the come from potted plants, if there is a damp area in the bottom part of the planter. They will fly into other rooms. In order to get rid of them I would get rid of any moisture in the area. I have had success with buying Listerene mouthwash, or even vinegar and spraying them. Either way, they will be clean ad have fresh breath!

---Have a wonderful day!
---Robyn

Answer this Question

130 More Questions

Any idea on what these are ? They are on my windowsill.

Answers

Best Answer

This pattern is consistent with the common carpet beetle. They eat fibers and such. Typically harmless. Vacuum them up, seal cracks in window sills and doors and around the foundation and do a deep cleaning and they should go away.

A few usually are not a worry. If you start to see dozens and dozens, you may need to have a professional look.

Prayers for easy solutions.

Best Answer

What I have found is they come in (breed in) from places like bird nests or piles of brush (dead leaves).

When we cleared the perimeter of our house and when the one tree that had nests was empty, we removed that all and that stopped the issue. It also helped some with our ongoing ant problem so that was a bonus!

If you have trees or brush near windows or doors, start there clearing it out. That seems to be the best line of defense!

Best Answer

Usually they come from when you have a lot of dead leaves and other brush around the perimeter of your home or building. Also if there are a lot of bird nests around (either new or abandoned). They like to gather there.

When we cleaned up all the dead leaves and old bird nests form around our entire house it really helped. Plugging up the gaps helps too...when we finally got new windows 10 years ago that made a difference also!

Answer this Question

I find these tiny bugs in my bed sometimes and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of bug it is. I would really appreciate the help so I can get rid of them.

Answers

Best Answer

Sorry to tell you that those are bedbugs, and thy are very difficult to get rid of. I know that is what they are b/c my mom currently has them. (Long story) If you rent, check your local statutes and/or lease. I'm not sure if it's the same everywhere, but the landlord may be responsible for treatment. You will probably need to get them treated professionally to get rid of them, as like I said they are a very stubborn problem to treat. Sorry you have to go through that it's no fun and the bites will drive a person bananas.

Best Answer

This is a bed bug and needs to be professionally treated in order to get rid of them. You need to contact the landlord to report this because they more than likely came from another unit. The entire complex needs to be treated in order to get rid of them. They travel from one unit to another and they are hard to get rid of.

Best Answer

The pattern on the back look like it is tan/brown/black which is indicative of carpet beetles. Normally you can get rid of them with a good vacuuming and if you are able, steam cleaning. Hopefully that will eliminate the issue.

Post back with an update.

Answer this Question

Does anyone know what kind of bug this is found if in my moms car.

Answer this Question

I found these bugs on the back of my couch, nowhere else yet. Does anyone have any idea of what they are?

Answers

Best Answer

These look like carpet beetle larvae. Here's an article with pictures (the first one is adult; scroll down for the larvae). www.bobvila.com/.../

Best Answer

These do look like carpet beetles, but before you go spraying stuff which can damage your furniture, try vacuuming up all you can see then using a steam cleaner to give the piece a good cleaning (provided that you can clean the piece with a steam cleaner). Call where you go the couch if you are not sure (OR a store that sells like pieces to make sure it is OK to steam clean).

Spraying insecticides on furniture is not a good idea as the residue can not only stain/damage/ruin the furniture, but can cause harm to the people who sit there down the road.

Most of the time with these creatures a good vacuuming and steam cleaning gets rid of the problem.

Also go around the outside of your house (or if an apartment--ask the landlord to do this) and get rid of any yard debris like dead leave etc. This is their first attraction, then they move into the house for more food and warmth.

Eliminating outside attractions and being sure to plug up holes and cracks in the walls/foundations/spaces in windows etc. also goes a long way to stopping the issue.

Post back with updates!

Answer this Question

Does anyone what is this bug? it is very tiny and small. hardly being seen by eyes. I zoomed in camera to got this picture. They bite my wife legs and hands. Our house was recently renovated in full 2-3 months before they showed up.

Our furniture are new. We have used "Home Defense Insect Killer Max" in house, no 100% success yet.

Answer this Question

I have found one of these bugs crawling on me when in bed the last 2 days. The area is clean, the sheets and bed are clean, but we have been leaving our window open due to the nicer weather.

Anyone know what this bug is and how to get rid of them or what causes them?

Answer this Question

What is this bug?

Answers

Best Answer

Definitely a carpet beetle. A good cleaning should eliminate the issue.

If you have a steamer, use it for good measure.

Best Answer

These are very common and there are a lot of people who have them in their homes. They are carpet beetles and you just need to clean up a bit and you can get rid of them.

Answer this Question

I found this bug in my living room. We live in the country so bugs are common, but usually outdoors. Also does it bite?

Answers

Best Answer

This is a carpet beetle. Vacuum and throw away the bag. Apply an all-purpose insecticide. If the problem persists, get an exterminator. If you rent, tell the landlord immediately and let him or her get the exterminator.

Best Answer

These are common in the winter and carpet beetles come in from the cold. You can clean them up around the house and put out sticky flypaper to trap the rest of them. Each time you clean the house you'll need to empty the bag for your cleaner.

Answer this Question

What is this? I found it on my bed. It was really small, but I don't know what it is. I haven't seen any more, but I'm not risking anything.

Answer this Question

I found this bug in a house that was unoccupied for over a month. They crawl and fly and are seen mostly during the night. They are mostly found in the kitchen, but a few have been spotted in other areas of the house including the bedroom and bathroom.

Answer this Question

These bugs appeared last year in most holiday homes here on a riverside site in Northamptonshire, UK. They're back this year in hundreds. They appear on ceilings, walls, windows, cills etc. and prefer to live behind any crack or crevice. Fly spray doesn't seem to affect them. Poke a finger at them and they simply fall off onto the floor, look like they are playing dead for a while then crawl away to find a crack to hide in.

My initial thoughts were carpet beetles but they're the wrong shape and don't have hard shell wing covers. They do fly but not so much that you see them flying around the place.

Anybody got any ideas on what they are and how to get rid of them?

Answer this Question

I have been seeing these in my bathtub for the second day now, in a row. They are pretty tiny, move fast, but don't necessarily look like a silverfish.

I sprayed it with eucalyptus oil and it died instantly. Any ideas what it could be?

Answers

This looks like a insect called - Firebrat- they love hot weather and humidity. Here is more info on this insect- en.wikipedia.org/.../firebrat

What is this? Ive seen it in my bed and on the curtains before.

Answers

Best Answer

The photo is blurry but that pattern looks like a common carpet beetle. How big is it?

Stink bugs are about the size of a quarter and where I am they are a solid green, gray, or brown with mottled shells.

Carpet beetles are about 1\4th that size and are usually two tone, most brown or black and yellow or tan.

Either way, vacuum them up, dispose of the bag outside and do a good cleaning and they should not come back. Look for openings around window and doors and caulk up to stop the influx.

Answer this Question
Load More
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsFebruary 25, 2015
🎄
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-Household-Bugs.html