Identifying Household Bugs

Category Bugs
It can be challenge to combat bugs in your home, when you don't know what kind they are. This is a guide about identifying household bugs.

I am still searching. I have better pictures. We just can't seem to get rid of them. They are in the laundry room and occasionally I find them throughout the house. We sprayed, but are still finding them.

I saw this bug in our home. I tried looking it up and Google didn't really help. Can someone tell me what bug is this and if this is a one time invader or there would be more of them?

Answers

Best Answer

It's the right color for a silverfish, and may be a nymph (baby) but full grown ones have longer legs and don't have pinchers or pointy rumps. See the photo....

www.orkin.com/.../

I would scoop it into a glass jar, seal tighly, double bag it, and take it to your local hardware store or garden center to get them to identify it. This way you can be positive and then figure out the best solution! There are many natural, chemical free ways to rid your home of pests!

Let us know what you find! Good luck!!

I have been finding these on my window, randomly on my bed, and a few times in my closet.
Help is greatly appreciated!

Answers

Best Answer

Its pattern is very much a carpet beetle's:

www.orkin.com/.../

I've been finding these little bigs on my windowsills, curtains, and blinds. Can anyone tell me what they are and how to get rid of them?

Thanks

Answers

Best Answer

These are carpet beetles. Wash what you can in hot, soapy water and vacuum what you can't wash.

Can someone please tell me what this bug is? It hangs on my window sills in my kitchen only and on the kitchen tile floor.

Answers

It looks like a carpet beetle. Make sure they arent in your cupboards and that your kitchen floor is wiped clean of spills.

Definitely a carpet beetle from the pattern.

That's not a carpet beetle, that a stick bug !!!

I personally think this is a stick bug and not a carpet beetle. I have seen these around a lot and we've always called them stick bugs.

I keep randomly finding these in my apartment. We live in a downtown area in Abilene, Texas. The building is enclosed and very old, but our apartment is super clean.

I hate bugs and just want to know what gives.

So, our bug nightmare is continuing. The exterminator came and we seem to have a handle on the grain beetle problem. Every now and then we had been finding 1-2 in our bedroom sheets/pillow by a window. The exterminator sprayed the bedroom perimeter and put poison powder all along the outside of the window. Today, I found another tiny bug on the mattress pad (same location) when I went to change the sheets.

I assumed it was the same type of bug, but I decided to check to make sure. I put it under a light and magnified it. I am attaching the pictures. I am beside myself. I want these bugs out of my house and certainly out of my bed. Please help. What kind of bug is this? Is there any connection between the 2 bugs? Any suggestions on how to handle this?

I am trying to identify these tiny bugs. We keep finding them on our kitchen table napkins and in our bed by the window. We had an exterminator come and now have a couple sources identified in our laundry room and outside door near that room.

Can someone please tell me what these are/ They are about the size of a pin head and run fast. They don't fly or jump.

I have found a few on my window sill and the toilet paper roll. They also squish easily with light pressure.

Answers

They could be spring tails. They are harmless. Frequent vacuuming will prevent a big infestation.

You could take a few in a container to a garden center and they may be able to identify them for you and, give you instructions on how to get rid of them. Some pest control places will do this too. Or do a free inspection. The common small bugs found in houses are carpet beetles, fleas and bed bugs.

The bug is some sort of flea.

There are a couple bugs that like the window sill like:

- book lice
- clover mites
- springtails

This is a good reference: http://www.home  -my-window-sill/

Bugs like this are so small that it is difficult to get a good photo that gives enough detail to be able to identify them.
If you can gather two or three in a pill bottle or jar or baggie you may be able to ask at a real garden center or stop by a local exterminator's office as they may be able to see the bug good enough to have some idea as to what it is. It seems that it is a bug that likes dampness/moisture so that should help ID it.

You can also locate your county extension office and ask them or take it by their office. You can locate your local office from this link.

http://www.pick  agentoffices.htm

Thank you! I figured it out, it's spring tails.

What are these? They crawl and are almost microscopic. I have included two different pictures. They look like they might be the same kind.

I found just a couple of these in my bathroom. Does anyone know what it is?

I found it in the bath with my son. I am not sure if it was on him or got into the water some how. Any ideas what it is? Please note it's on a large kid size Q-tip for size reference.

TIA :)

I have found several bugs like this one in my bedroom recently. They are really really small. Also lately I have had some suspicious itchy bumps in my arms/legs. Could anybody help identify them - are they bed bugs?

Do you know what kind of bugs these are? They are in the bedroom, kitchen, and even in the bathroom.
Thanks.

Answers

They look like cockroaches.

What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Answers

I think it's a beetle. Spray with any insecticide.

Anyone know what kind of bug this is? I found a couple in my car and I'm freaking out.

Answers

It kind of looks like a cigarette beetle?

Put these bugs in a plastic bag with a good seal. Bring it to any place that sells pesticides and they will help you.

It does not look like a flying bug but bugs do look a little different when they are dead rather than alive.
Take what you have and place them in a zip bag or small medicine bottle and take them to an exterminator, your local county agriculture agency (email a photo as they may recognize it) or, occasionally someone working at Lowe's, Home Depot or Ace's garden centers may be able to help you.

from the picture it's hard to tell, but it almost looks like a lightning bug. It most likely is just a gaarden-variety beetle, living off organic matter in your car.

I have been seeing these little brown/black bugs everywhere in my apartment. What are these bugs called? They are really small. How can I get rid of them? These tiny brown/black bugs have a smell like chemicals when you kill them. They are crawling on the bed, and in the bathroom, kitchen, and living room. I'm so scared because I have kids. I really want to get rid of them fast. Can someone help me to see what these bugs are called and how to get rid of them fast?

Thank you.

I found these bugs on my carpet and wood floor lately. I want to know what kind of bug is this, if these bugs are harmful, and ways to get rid of them. Thank you for your help!

Load More