Identifying a Brooch

Category Jewelry
Identifying jewelry such as a brooch can be difficult, particularly if there are no markings to suggest silver or gold content for the setting. Research on line might help, but a trip to a specialist in jewelry identification may be in order especially if you believe the piece to have value.

I need help identifying this brooch :)

Answers

Best Answer

I am not seeing any types of marks on this to tell me if it is silver or something else. This could be a vintage brooch and it is hard to say who make it or the real value of this by the photos alone.

I would like to suggest that you go to an antique shop in your area that sells similar items and talk to them. They will be able to tell you more about this.

Best Answer

I don't see any maker's mark and the metal doesn't look like it is a precious metal. I can't tell what the cabochon is made of from the pictures. It could be plastic, resin or a semi-precious stone like tiger's eye. A better picture would help us identify what it is but I think it is probably just a piece of costume jewelry. It probably isn't worth much but you could check with an antique store to make sure.

What does this marking stand for? It is on I believe a costume brooch pin with enamel and rhinestones.

Answers

Best Answer

I believe the jewelers mark on your broach is the mark belonging to Catherine Popesco. A French jewelry designer famous for handcrafted vintage designs as well as some more modern pieces.

It would probably be worth your time to do some more research on the particular piece that you have as some are fairly valuable.

Best Answer

Sometimes the vintage pieces themself are worth more than silver price . The silver price helps yes but even vintage costume jewelry can be worth a small fortune even though I have spent a bigger fortune on 92.5 silver jewlery.

Consumer Advice Collectibles JewelryFebruary 25, 2020
👒
🐰
😷
🐛
🌻