Identifying the Engine in an Older Sears Push Mower

I have an older Sears push mower. The model is 917.380310. I'm trying to determine what engine it actually is. It says "Eager-1" on one of the shrouds, but that seems like a "nickname." I have heard it may belong to the Tecumseh family, but I'm not sure. Any ideas? Thanks!

Here is a link to the makers of your mower . The link will give you info / knowledge for parts etc. www.searspartsdirect.com/.../lawn-mower-parts

I do not think you will find your answer in a parts catalog as your model number will probably not show up.
Your engine is definitely a Tecumseh engine and it seems not everyone is a fan of this engine but like most things - people who like them - really like them.
It seems the biggest complaint is they seem to get 'gummed up' too easily from left over gas. That sounds kind of silly to me as old gas will destroy any kind of lawn mower's carburetor if not cleaned out properly (best if taken care of before storage) and the carburetor is the heart of any mower.

I did find several references to this being a Tecumseh engine but this link has some information so check it out.

www.yesterdaystractors.com/.../viewit.cgi?bd=toolt&th=136886

Some people complain about Sears but I have always found that if I order something from Sears and it is the wrong 'size' it is the easiest place to return an item and receive immediate credit. How much trouble and how long before you get a refund from most online parts stores??

If you're looking for parts Sears Service Center (your zip) is still one of the best places to ask about parts.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Lawn Mowers Vintage Lawn MowersMay 18, 2020
😷
🌻
😎
🎆
👔
🐛

Generated 2020-05-19 23:08:45 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Vintage Lawn MowersLawn Mowers