Identifying an Old Reel Mower

Category Miscellaneous
Determining manufacturer and the history of an old push lawn mower can help you determine if it has any value. This is a guide about identifying an old reel mower.

I have a Special. No.55 Ballbearing reel mower. I am trying to determine the value and maker's identification?

Answers

Mowparts.com has the prices for old and new mowers.

I HAVE A MOWER LOOKS JUST LIKE YOURS . YOU FIND OUT ANY PRICE RANGES, I AM LOOKING TO SELL MINE .

I am wanting to know how to identify an old reel mower I found. It says the model no. is 121-8189. I don't see much more other than cv6, looks to be red and gold.

Where do I look and what should I look for?
Thanks.

Answers

This is a British website, and I think they can help you. Upload a picture of the mower to them:

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/.../generalhelp

Truthfully; it is very difficult to identify old mowers but a brand name can help find age etc.
Generally the best information is found on forums but there is just not a lot of interest in old mowers in the US so forums are scarce or non-existent.
You might try asking about your mower on this site but all clubs will require membership but most are free.

www.mylawnmowerforum.com/.../

the OldLawnMower Club is located in UK and I do not believe their membership is free. Also; here is a statement about mowers in the US.

We can only provide basic advice on North American lawn mowers made before 1960. If we cannot help directly we will pass your query to someone else in our club. We are unable to provide any help for any North American mowers made after 1960.

Here is a link to their web site:

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/.../overseas-membership-form

Sorry - Hopefully, another member will be able to provide more information.

I am looking for any info to help identify this lawnmower I found in the wood in New Hampshire. I know it's worthless, but would be interested in seeing what it is and what one that's in good condition would be worth.
Thanks!

Answers

mowpart.com has information about all kinds and makes of mowers.

I believe you may have enough information to make a general inquiry at this site. They have all kinds of vintage mower information.

You should write down everything you can read from the part you have and send an email to this site:

http://www.oldl  help/generalhelp