MiscellaneousCollectibles

Identifying an Old Reel Mower

I am wanting to know how to identify an old reel mower I found. It says the model no. is 121-8189. I don't see much more other than cv6, looks to be red and gold. Where do I look and what should I look for?

Thanks.

This is a British website, and I think they can help you. Upload a picture of the mower to them:

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/.../generalhelp

Truthfully; it is very difficult to identify old mowers but a brand name can help find age etc.
Generally the best information is found on forums but there is just not a lot of interest in old mowers in the US so forums are scarce or non-existent.
You might try asking about your mower on this site but all clubs will require membership but most are free.

www.mylawnmowerforum.com/.../

the OldLawnMower Club is located in UK and I do not believe their membership is free. Also; here is a statement about mowers in the US.

We can only provide basic advice on North American lawn mowers made before 1960. If we cannot help directly we will pass your query to someone else in our club. We are unable to provide any help for any North American mowers made after 1960.

Here is a link to their web site:

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/.../overseas-membership-form

Sorry - Hopefully, another member will be able to provide more information.