Finding the Value of a Great American Reel Mower

Category Antiques
Reel mowers can be collectors items if they are rare and in good condition. To find the value of a Great American reel mower, locate other similar mowers and see what kinds of prices they command.

I have a Great American reel mower that we inherited from my wife's grandmother. The only number I can find on it 1143-68 and under that is 5416. I am curious to know the time period when it was manufactured and its value.

Answers

You will need to do some research to find a value. Search online for possible buyers and collectors and check EBay and Craig's List for prices of similar mowers.

I have the same one. Mine says 2-25-53 for the date on the inside right wheel.

I have a Great American reel mower that works fine. I am looking to find the value if that can be determined by the picture.

By Ron