Determining the Value of Old Reel Mowers

Category Reel Mowers
Vintage reel lawn mowers sometimes have a value to collectors. This is a page about determining the value of old reel mowers.

I believe this mower was my grandfather's. I would guess the 40s or 50s? The handle says "New Favorite" -- American Lawn Mower Co. Can anyone hazzard a guess? Of course I could never sell it, because I can't keep the carb clean on my Toro!reel mower in pieces

Any leads on a manual would be appreciated, too. I would love to raise up the cutting height, but it appears maxed out.

Age and Value of Reel Mower
Age and Value of Reel Mower
Age and Value of Reel Mower

Answers

You will need to do some research to find a value. Search online for possible buyers and collectors and check EBay and Craig's List for prices of similar mowers.

It might be a good idea to try to locate a serial number and manufacturer. I don't know if reel mowers have serial numbers or not but it won't hurt to look.

I found it with a google search. It is still manufactured and available....

I did a search on reel lawn mowers. Apparently there is a move to get away from gas mowers. American is the name of the company.

Different name but I think this is it and on ebay for sale

Can anyone shed light about this mower?

Name and Value of This Mower

I was wondering if anyone had an idea what my grandfather's vintage Adams Presto push mower is valued at?

Value of Adam's Presto Vintage Push Mower - reel mower on a lawn
Value of Adam's Presto Vintage Push Mower

Answers

Best Answer

The Adam's Presto push lawn mower is from 1932.

• If in good condition (looks like yours needs a lot of clean up) it could be worth $100 or more as there are not a lot of these around.
  • Advertisement

• Here is a link that gives a little history about this mower. You can also ask questions (create a free log-in account first) and someone may be able to answer any questions.
  • www.outdoorking.com/.../ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number...
  • Here is another link that has a place to ask questions about vintage lawn mowers.
  • www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

How much would one of these, circa 1938, be worth? It is running.

Value of 1938 Eclipse Reel Mower - old reel mower in yard

Answers

The Old Lawn Mower Club, based in the United Kingdom, may be able to help you. Here is the link: www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/.../can-you-value-my-mowerhow-much-my...

You could also try going on eBay to see if you can find similar items.

We are so lazy in this day and age that I it would be worth anything to the average person. Although, if you could find a collector, it might have a considerable value. It is a link in the development of mowing equipment.

Does anyone have information about these machines?

Answers

Best Answer

Information on Royal Enfield: There does not seem to be very much information available on these machines.

• I am surprised that you did not have more luck with the Old Lawnmower Club but their forum is usually dedicated to just overall interest in a mower as well as questions about repairs.
  • Although older posts, you may be able to gleam some information from this site:
  • It does appear there are links to ask questions.

It really appears that Royal Enfield was more into the manufacture of motorcycles much more than lawnmowers and many of these can be found for sale whereas I have been unable to find a mower for sale or sold on any outlet.

Does anybody have any information on this old mower? Any help would be appreciated!

Information on a Vintage Pennsylvania Riding Reel Mower

Answers

Best Answer

Usually, it takes a restorer or collector to have any information about these vintage mowers.

• Vintage Pennsylvania Riding Reel Mower - no mower like this has appeared on eBay in any recent months and that is one of the most popular auction sites for vintage items.
  • You may be able to get some information from the Old Lawnmowers Club but you will have to join their club before any questions can be posted.
  • It is very safe and free so you may want to check it out.
  • www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/forum
  • If you want to ask your question, you may need better pictures, especially one that shows the complete mower (from the side).
  • They may not be able to tell anything about value but maybe some solid information so if you decide to sell you will know how to post description.
  • Steps to ask your question:
  • General Topics
  • Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Remember - this is mostly a collectors club so they like to help people who are interested in restoring the mowers and not just someone wanting to sell one.

How do I find the value of an Excello reel lawn mower from the 1950s?

Value of an Excello Reel Lawn Mower - name plateValue of an Excello Reel Lawn Mower

Answers

Best Answer

This is a very difficult item to research because there are just not that many vintage mowers listed on auction sites and that is where your best "guesstimates" of value can be found.

• There was a similar mower listed on eBay for $200 but it was listed as "parts" so that means it was not running and it was also listed as "pick-up-only" which means you would have to be in their area or within driving distance as shipping would be too expensive. This mower was listed several times and did not sell. You can check out the listing here.
  • www.ebay.com/.../323102884301?item=323102884301&ViewItem...
  • Here are some vintage mowers (mixed) presently listed on eBay so you might get some idea as to what people are listing (most are pick-up-only). i checked shipping on one mower and it would have been $500 and that may be high but still??
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4840.m570...
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_odkw=vintage+reel+mowers...
  • Here is a link showing more mowers and a couple sold (green numbers).
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=vintage...
  • You might keep checking these sites and be lucky enough to see a similar mower but no telling how long??
  • I would suggest you check your local Craigslist for similar mowers and if you want to sell, then Craigslist would be the place to list.
  • You can start your price at whatever you wish and lower it if no one shows an interest.
  • Be sure to post the listing with better photos and a very good description.

There have been sites that offered information on vintage mowers but it appears none are available now.

I own a Montgomery Ward mower, model number zyj 10b. It folds halfway down the handle. I am wondering how much it is worth.

Answers

Best Answer

Older model push mowers sell on eBay for around $50 - $70 depending on the condition of the mower. There aren't a lot of people who purchase the older mowers because you can now buy a new push mower for about the same amount of money.

Mostly collectors will buy these types of mowers, and then they are looking for ones that are a bit older than the one you have and the ones that have been restored.

I would like to find the value of a Clemson e16 model push reel mower.

I am looking for info/value for an all steel Peerless rotary mower.

Value of a Peerless Reel Mower - old mower

Answers

Best Answer

there does not appear to be very much information on a Peerless reel mower so it is possible it was made by a different company and the Peerless was only made for a short period of time.

• If doing research you may have better luck looking for vintage push or reel mowers.
  • Reel mowers do occasionally sell on eBay but most sales are for "pick up only" as this mower would be very expensive to pack and ship.
  • This statement "pick up only" just means that sales are usually limited to the sellers immediate area/location and the buyer will have to go to the sellers location to pay and pick up the mower.
  • Usually listing an item like this on your local Craigslist would actually reach more people than listing on eBay. Potential buyers like the idea that they can see the item before paying out their money - instead of site unseen.
  • There are several sites that have information about older mowers but none of them offer value information. None of the sites I usually use had any information on a Peerless mower.
  • Here is a link to push/reel mowers presently listed on eBay which can give you an idea of what sellers are ASKING for their mowers. Very few actually sell for these prices unless it happens to be a collectors item.
  • This type mower may have only 3-4 sold listings in a 6 month period.
  • If the mower looks good and is in "working" order you may have some luck placing an ad on your local Craigslist.
  • Maybe start the price as $95-$150 and see if you receive any calls and if not you can always lower the price in small increments.

I use an old reel mower for my yard, but acquired this older one that doesn't work. A friend said it might be worth something to someone. It says Townsend's on the handle and Townsend Flyer SP Townsend & Co on the wheels. The wheels are all metal as are the mechanics. The handle is wood as is the neck from the reels to the handle. Any ideas?

Answers

Best Answer

Truth be told, people buy these types of mowers as long as they work.

In the condition it is in now you will be lucky to receive $15 for the mower.

If you list this online you will have to ask a large shipping price to send this to the person who buys it.

Your best bet is to try and fix this mower and get it working again and see if you can sell it on Criag's list in your area only.

Who knows about this mower? I was wondering what something like this is worth now a days. It pushes and the blades rotate like it just came off the assembly line. I'm seeing if it's worth selling as an antique or sharpening the blades and using as a mower.

Value of a Reel Mower - closeup of blades
Value of a Reel Mower - handle and mower label
Value of a Reel Mower - reel mower

I have an old reel rider mower made by Gemcoe. It was manufactured in Buffalo by, I believe, General. It works. What's it worth and what year was it manufactured?Value of an Old Reel Riding Mower - vintage mower

Thanks for any feedback.

Value of an Old Reel Riding Mower
Value of an Old Reel Riding Mower
Value of an Old Reel Riding Mower
Value of an Old Reel Riding Mower

We have dad's yellow metal hand mower. It is a Clemson hand push mower. One wheel on the outside is labeled Clemson Bros Inc. Middletown, New York USA. On the inside wheel, a green tag says Clemson E 17 model L. It works. Could you tell us the approximate value of this hand mower? Thank you!

Value of Clemson Bros. Reel Mower - inside of the wheel
Value of Clemson Bros. Reel Mower - name emblem on wheel

I am trying to find out the value of a Granite State reel mower in reasonable condition.

I would like to find the value of a Yard-Man, Craftsman, Model No,123.8171. It is a vintage push mower.

I have a Pennsylvania Penne reel lawn mower. I was wondering the value.

I have a Royal Enfield Lawnmower, made in the UK 1932-1956. I don't know it's age. It is not running and has surface rust. My grandfather used to use it in the 1960s, but I think it has been in storage since then. Would anyone have an idea of its value?

mower in garage or shop
Value of Vintage Royal Enfield Reel Lawnmower

Answers

I saw one online for $100 but it has been already sold.

I also found this link.

Lawn Mowers - Royal Enfield Owners Club
www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

Hope it helps!

I have a Blair Easy Lawn mower from Springfield, Massachusetts. It has three patent dates on the side Oct. 8, 1880, May 29. 1888, and Aug 26, 1890. Does anyone have any idea if it's worth anything?old reel mower
Thanks.

Answers

It looks to me like it may be worth quite a bit. I'd keep an eye on ebay.
It looks like Reel mowers are selling.

I just found this on thrifty fun. Maybe someone here could help you or maybe even buy it from you if you're interested in selling it.

hi, i want to buy your mower, made in springfield

I recently acquired a reel mower and was curious about its value and if I can find any original parts.

Determining the Value of an Old Reel Mower
Determining the Value of an Old Reel mower
Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles Reel MowersApril 26, 2013
🌻
🎂
🎃