Determining the Value of Old Reel Mowers

Category Miscellaneous
Vintage reel lawn mowers sometimes have a value to collectors. This is a guide about determining the value of old reel mowers.

Reel mowers can be collectors items if they are rare and in good condition. To find the value of a Great American reel mower, locate other similar mowers and see what kinds of prices they command.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Older reel mowers may have some antique value for a collector or for someone who likes to use antique equipment. This is a guide about the value of antique Craftsman reel mowers.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Vintage reel mowers are considered a collectible by some. Finding the value of one that you may have inherited or purchased at a yard sale may require a bit of research.

This is a guide about finding the value of vintage Winchester reel push mowers.

Does anyone have information about these machines?

Answers

Best Answer

Information on Royal Enfield: There does not seem to be very much information available on these machines.

• I am surprised that you did not have more luck with the Old Lawnmower Club but their forum is usually dedicated to just overall interest in a mower as well as questions about repairs.
  • Although older posts, you may be able to gleam some information from this site:
  • https://www.out  amp;Number=69476
  • It does appear there are links to ask questions.

It really appears that Royal Enfield was more into the manufacture of motorcycles much more than lawnmowers and many of these can be found for sale whereas I have been unable to find a mower for sale or sold on any outlet.

I was wondering if anyone had an idea what my grandfather's vintage Adams Presto push mower is valued at?

Answers

Best Answer

The Adam's Presto push lawn mower is from 1932.

• If in good condition (looks like yours needs a lot of clean up) it could be worth $100 or more as there are not a lot of these around.
  • Ad

• Here is a link that gives a little history about this mower. You can also ask questions (create a free log-in account first) and someone may be able to answer any questions.
  • https://www.out  amp;Number=70497
  • Here is another link that has a place to ask questions about vintage lawn mowers.
  • https://www.old  mowerclub.co.uk/

Can anyone shed light about this mower?

Answers

mowerpartsusa.com is a valuable resource for prices of all mowers.

You may be able to get some information from this site:

https://www.smo  display.php?f=18

I meant to tell you that the name on the tag Jacobsen is the name of the mower and the model number is part of the numbers on the tag. If you visit the site link I listed before they may be able to help you with more information.

How do I find the value of an Excello reel lawn mower from the 1950s?

Answers

Best Answer

This is a very difficult item to research because there are just not that many vintage mowers listed on auction sites and that is where your best "guesstimates" of value can be found.

• There was a similar mower listed on eBay for $200 but it was listed as "parts" so that means it was not running and it was also listed as "pick-up-only" which means you would have to be in their area or within driving distance as shipping would be too expensive. This mower was listed several times and did not sell. You can check out the listing here.
  • www.ebay.com/.../323102884301?item=323102884301&...
  • Here are some vintage mowers (mixed) presently listed on eBay so you might get some idea as to what people are listing (most are pick-up-only). i checked shipping on one mower and it would have been $500 and that may be high but still??
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4840...
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_odkw=vintage+reel+mowers...
  • Here is a link showing more mowers and a couple sold (green numbers).
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&...
  • You might keep checking these sites and be lucky enough to see a similar mower but no telling how long??
  • I would suggest you check your local Craigslist for similar mowers and if you want to sell, then Craigslist would be the place to list.
  • Ad

• You can start your price at whatever you wish and lower it if no one shows an interest.
  • Be sure to post the listing with better photos and a very good description.

There have been sites that offered information on vintage mowers but it appears none are available now.

I own a Montgomery Ward mower, model number zyj 10b. It folds halfway down the handle. I am wondering how much it is worth.

Answers

Best Answer

Older model push mowers sell on eBay for around $50 - $70 depending on the condition of the mower. There aren't a lot of people who purchase the older mowers because you can now buy a new push mower for about the same amount of money.

Mostly collectors will buy these types of mowers, and then they are looking for ones that are a bit older than the one you have and the ones that have been restored.

I have a Special. No.55 Ballbearing reel mower. I am trying to determine the value and maker's identification?

Answers

Mowparts.com has the prices for old and new mowers.

I am looking for info/value for an all steel Peerless rotary mower.

Answers

Best Answer

there does not appear to be very much information on a Peerless reel mower so it is possible it was made by a different company and the Peerless was only made for a short period of time.

• If doing research you may have better luck looking for vintage push or reel mowers.
  • Reel mowers do occasionally sell on eBay but most sales are for "pick up only" as this mower would be very expensive to pack and ship.
  • This statement "pick up only" just means that sales are usually limited to the sellers immediate area/location and the buyer will have to go to the sellers location to pay and pick up the mower.
  • Usually listing an item like this on your local Craigslist would actually reach more people than listing on eBay. Potential buyers like the idea that they can see the item before paying out their money - instead of site unseen.
  • There are several sites that have information about older mowers but none of them offer value information. None of the sites I usually use had any information on a Peerless mower.
  • Here is a link to push/reel mowers presently listed on eBay which can give you an idea of what sellers are ASKING for their mowers. Very few actually sell for these prices unless it happens to be a collectors item.
  • This type mower may have only 3-4 sold listings in a 6 month period.
  • If the mower looks good and is in "working" order you may have some luck placing an ad on your local Craigslist.
  • Maybe start the price as $95-$150 and see if you receive any calls and if not you can always lower the price in small increments.

I am wondering about the value and collector demand for a Pennsylvania trimmer and edger, model 706. I also have a reel mower, a Great American, model 2418 - with an 18" cut.

We have dad's yellow metal hand mower. It is a Clemson hand push mower. One wheel on the outside is labeled Clemson Bros Inc. Middletown, New York USA. On the inside wheel, a green tag says Clemson E 17 model L. It works. Could you tell us the approximate value of this hand mower? Thank you!

Who knows about this mower? I was wondering what something like this is worth now a days. It pushes and the blades rotate like it just came off the assembly line. I'm seeing if it's worth selling as an antique or sharpening the blades and using as a mower.

I have a Pennsylvania Penne reel lawn mower. I was wondering the value.

How much would one of these, circa 1938, be worth? It is running.

Answers

The Old Lawn Mower Club, based in the United Kingdom, may be able to help you. Here is the link: http://www.oldl  h-my-mower-worth

You could also try going on eBay to see if you can find similar items.

I have a Royal Enfield Lawnmower, made in the UK 1932-1956. I don't know it's age. It is not running and has surface rust. My grandfather used to use it in the 1960s, but I think it has been in storage since then. Would anyone have an idea of its value?

Answers

I saw one online for $100 but it has been already sold.

I also found this link.

Lawn Mowers - Royal Enfield Owners Club
http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

Hope it helps!

I have a Blair Easy Lawn mower from Springfield, Massachusetts. It has three patent dates on the side Oct. 8, 1880, May 29. 1888, and Aug 26, 1890. Does anyone have any idea if it's worth anything?
Thanks.

Answers

It looks to me like it may be worth quite a bit. I'd keep an eye on ebay.
It looks like Reel mowers are selling.

I just found this on thrifty fun. Maybe someone here could help you or maybe even buy it from you if you're interested in selling it.

hi, i want to buy your mower, made in springfield

I have a mower the. Same as above.

My dad has an antique Great States push mower and we need to sell it. It has the cast iron body and blades and a wooden piece in the rear. It is in great shape and cuts grass well. The only other info I have is that the wheels say "B2R" and "B1L" on the right and left, respectively. I have seen quite a few on eBay for around a hundred dollars.

Thanks for any help.

I have a very rare, all original mower from the Pastime Lawn Mower Co. Detroit, MI? 1890's 14" cut double rotary lawn mower with gearbox/drive shaft and rare cast Pastime letter wheels. It is in working condition. There is no damage seen and the handle is good and original. I've owned this for 40 years. It is the only one I have ever seen. Any idea of the value anyone?

Load More