Determining the Value of Old Reel Mowers

Category Miscellaneous
Vintage reel lawn mowers sometimes have a value to collectors. This is a guide about determining the value of old reel mowers.

Reel mowers can be collectors items if they are rare and in good condition. To find the value of a Great American reel mower, locate other similar mowers and see what kinds of prices they command.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Older reel mowers may have some antique value for a collector or for someone who likes to use antique equipment. This is a guide about the value of antique Craftsman reel mowers.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Vintage reel mowers are considered a collectible by some. Finding the value of one that you may have inherited or purchased at a yard sale may require a bit of research. This is a guide about finding the value of vintage Winchester reel push mowers.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I was wondering if anyone had an idea what my grandfather's vintage Adams Presto push mower is valued at?

Answers

Best Answer

The Adam's Presto push lawn mower is from 1932.

• If in good condition (looks like yours needs a lot of clean up) it could be worth $100 or more as there are not a lot of these around.
  • Here is a link that gives a little history about this mower. You can also ask questions (create a free log-in account first) and someone may be able to answer any questions.
  • https://www.out  amp;Number=70497
  • Here is another link that has a place to ask questions about vintage lawn mowers.
  • https://www.old  mowerclub.co.uk/

Can anyone shed light about this mower?

Answers

mowerpartsusa.com is a valuable resource for prices of all mowers.

You may be able to get some information from this site:

https://www.smo  display.php?f=18

I meant to tell you that the name on the tag Jacobsen is the name of the mower and the model number is part of the numbers on the tag. If you visit the site link I listed before they may be able to help you with more information.

I have a Special. No.55 Ballbearing reel mower. I am trying to determine the value and maker's identification?

Answers

Mowparts.com has the prices for old and new mowers.

We have dad's yellow metal hand mower. It is a Clemson hand push mower. One wheel on the outside is labeled Clemson Bros Inc. Middletown, New York USA. On the inside wheel, a green tag says Clemson E 17 model L. It works. Could you tell us the approximate value of this hand mower? Thank you!

Who knows about this mower? I was wondering what something like this is worth now a days. It pushes and the blades rotate like it just came off the assembly line. I'm seeing if it's worth selling as an antique or sharpening the blades and using as a mower.

I have a Pennsylvania Penne reel lawn mower. I was wondering the value.

Answers

I saw one that sold on eBay for $34.99.

How much would one of these, circa 1938, be worth? It is running.

Answers

The Old Lawn Mower Club, based in the United Kingdom, may be able to help you. Here is the link: http://www.oldl  h-my-mower-worth

You could also try going on eBay to see if you can find similar items.

We are so lazy in this day and age that I it would be worth anything to the average person. Although, if you could find a collector, it might have a considerable value. It is a link in the development of mowing equipment.

from what I have seen on line 200 to 300.. of cours nothing is of value unless you can find one to buy it :) and probably the part of the country... good luck

Your mower may be worth more than the usual reel mowers but, of course, getting what its worth may not be so easy.

Here is a site with info posted a year ago but it has a lot of very good suggestions on how/where to sell - if that is what you are wanting to do.

http://www.just  -reel-mower.html

I have a Blair Easy Lawn mower from Springfield, Massachusetts. It has three patent dates on the side Oct. 8, 1880, May 29. 1888, and Aug 26, 1890. Does anyone have any idea if it's worth anything?
Thanks.

Answers

It looks to me like it may be worth quite a bit. I'd keep an eye on ebay.
It looks like Reel mowers are selling.

I just found this on thrifty fun. Maybe someone here could help you or maybe even buy it from you if you're interested in selling it.

hi, i want to buy your mower, made in springfield

I have a mower the. Same as above.

My dad has an antique Great States push mower and we need to sell it. It has the cast iron body and blades and a wooden piece in the rear. It is in great shape and cuts grass well. The only other info I have is that the wheels say "B2R" and "B1L" on the right and left, respectively. I have seen quite a few on eBay for around a hundred dollars.

Thanks for any help.

What is the value of a 1954 Homko remote controlled reel mower?
Thank you.

I have a very rare, all original mower from the Pastime Lawn Mower Co. Detroit, MI? 1890's 14" cut double rotary lawn mower with gearbox/drive shaft and rare cast Pastime letter wheels. It is in working condition. There is no damage seen and the handle is good and original. I've owned this for 40 years. It is the only one I have ever seen. Any idea of the value anyone?

Answers

As you have found - there is almost no information available on this mower so that could be good - or - bad news as to the actual value (what someone might be willing to pay).

There are quite a few collectors of old (vintage) mowers but that means going to auctions that handle this type of machine. You may be able to Google for auctions near you (maybe even farm equipment auctions) but these are rare.

The only site I know of that may give you any information is located in the UK - but you can join their club (free) and send then info on your mower and they have a lot of members who like this type of thing and may be able to help you.

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co is a British website that may be able to help you.

What is approximate value of a circa 1939 Eclipse push lawn mower? It is in good, usable shape. The tires were replaced years ago and the roller covering needs repair. Is there a market for these old fellows? Does anyone know of collectors of old lawn mowers in the USA? Am interested in finding a home for this still active old fella.

Answers

I should say there's a market, Billy! They cost next to nothing in terms of operations and maintenance, provide an excellent fitness activity, are environmentally friendly (glass clippings are actually good for our lawn) and can be used any time (i.e., no worries about noise pollution waking the neighbours early on a weekend morning).

Anonymous

I have one too. Works great. Apparently, has height adjustment based on the height of the roller, which has bolts for setting heights (2 positions.) I was just mowing with it. Works great! In excellent shape, from handle grips to blades to roller to wheels. Should I sharpen blades? I'd have to use a grinder to do so. I live in Midwest and would be interested in selling, though my son wants to keep it. It was "green" before it was fashionable!

Where was the Sterling Clipper 1, manual push mower, made and how old are they?

What is the value and approximate age of my walk behind reel mower? It has approximately an 18" blade. Made in Racine Wisconsin? Ball bearing.

I am looking for any info to help identify this lawnmower I found in the wood in New Hampshire. I know it's worthless, but would be interested in seeing what it is and what one that's in good condition would be worth.
Thanks!

I have a Helix Pennsylvania mower, model number 4018d. How old would it be? Thanks.

I have come across a PQ antique reel lawnmower. I am trying to determine the year and value of it. Any suggestions?

Answers

It's quite hard to see the name or year of this without additional markings, but in general on ebay we see these go for $50 to $100. http://www.ebay  ry-/300921782153

worth more if it actually cuts, because getitng these sharpened is a pain

You could try mowpart.com. They have vintage and antique mowers.

I have a Pennsylvania Penna lawn reel push mower. On the handle base it says PQ1616. What is it worth? It works, but there is no bag catcher.

Answers

There seems to be a lot of questions about older reel mowers but very information in answers or on line.

I got interested after seeing so many people wanting to know their value but - wow - almost no sites with true information.
I have continued to check your question hoping someone had found a site or had knowledge about this type of mower.
No such luck...

I did find a site with a photo and some info but it is probably not the same mower as yours.
Wish I could help..

http://www.ebay  d=p2047675.l2557

What is the color of the morer

I have an old reel mower. The handle says: H.S.B. Co. Stand-By.
I am curious about the value?

Answers

vintage reel mowers on ebay seem to be going anywhere from $40 to $125, depending on the condition. http://www.ebay  mower&_frs=1

If you're intrested in learning about the pedigree, you could find an antique shop nearby or lawnmower enthusiasts, such as those found here: http://americanlawnmower.com/

I have a vintage manually operated reel mower. It has five blades with a blade width of 16". On the handle shaft is engraved "The Rex Ball Bearing, genuine patented self adjusting ball bearings, manufactured by the Henley Lawn Mower Co., Richmond, IND USA".

I am having some trouble making out the numbers on the side plates.
One side says "Patent 2.005.502" (I think) and the other side says "Patent June, 18, 19?? (I am unable to determine the last two numbers without pulling the wheel, which I am very reluctant to do). It has five spoke cast iron rims covered with hard rubber tires.

I have attached some photos for you to view. It is still in good working order. Can anyone please provide some estimates of when it may have been manufactured and what it's value may be today?

Thanks and best regards.

Answers

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact lawnmower or patent in question, but I am pretty certain that this company, since it has also been based in Richmond Indiana area may be related to this product. http://americanlawnmower.com

If I were you I would write them.

Aside from that, I see these antique things going anywhere from $80 to $120 on eBay and other places. They're actually still perfectly useful unless the blades are dull, and then it costs a sum to have the blades sharpened again.

This is a British website, but hopefully they can help you. http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

I am settling an estate and found this mower packed up in the basement. I think it would work if it were cleaned and put back together.

I have an Eclipse Model H Ball Bearing hand reel mower that belonged to my grandpa. I currently use it to mow my yard and want to restore it. The paint that is left on it is silver and green. I'm not sure if these are original paint colors or if he painted it at some point. I would also like to know the year of this model.

I would like to know the year this was made. I have looked at many sites and can't find one with a handle like this one.

I have a Super Chief reel lawnmower, Model 60. Says SAVAGE on the handle. Patent # 2043095. How much is it worth? Any ideas? Thank you.

What is the value of a Parkway Jr. reel mower? It appears to be from 1950.

I have a Royal Enfield Lawnmower, made in the UK 1932-1956. I don't know it's age. It is not running and has surface rust. My grandfather used to use it in the 1960s, but I think it has been in storage since then. Would anyone have an idea of its value?

Answers

I found this link.

Lawn Mowers - Royal Enfield Owners Club
http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

Hope it helps !

According to this site it's $100

http://www.gumt  mower/1093501548

I have a F&N lawn mower. The information on the wheels is 831 on one an 882 on the other one. The wheels have Sovereign Ball Bearing on them. It has Richmond Indiana and Ball Bearing on it. It is all cast iron except the handle which is wood. F&N Lawn Mower Co. is also on it. Can any one give me any information on this such as how old and est. value?

Load More