Age and Value of Reel Mower?

I believe this mower was my grandfather's. I would guess the 40s or 50s? The handle says "New Favorite" -- American Lawn Mower Co. Can anyone hazzard a guess? Of course I could never sell it, because I can't keep the carb clean on my Toro!

Any leads on a manual would be appreciated, too. I would love to raise up the cutting height, but it appears maxed out.

You will need to do some research to find a value. Search online for possible buyers and collectors and check EBay and Craig's List for prices of similar mowers.

Anonymous

I HAVE ONE JUST LIKE IT
Haven't found a serial number yet but I believe you are correct about the mid 40s to early 50s

Give me a link please

I have a 1938 eclipses rocket reel mower wit pull behind truck ,riding mower where can I find out more about it

It might be a good idea to try to locate a serial number and manufacturer. I don't know if reel mowers have serial numbers or not but it won't hurt to look.

I found it with a google search. It is still manufactured and available.... I did a search on reel lawn mowers. Apparently there is a move to get away from gas mowers. American is the name of the company.

Different name but I think this is it and on ebay for sale

I regret that I can't answer, but the mower looks almost exactly like my Worthington "Clear Cut" mower, right down to the color scheme!
My Worthington has served well as a back up throughout multiple power mower failures! I just mowed with it a few days ago!
My Worthington must be at least 60
+years old! I recall Dad had it when /i was a kid, and I am now 65.
I am thinking of restoring / repainting it.
It's whisper quiet, very easy on gas, only requires drops, not quarts, of oil, and is a breeze to tune up, with all repairs requiring only a wrench and a screw driver! :-D

I have a very similar vintage reel mower. The wooden handle has "Russell" stamped on it. The wheels are metal. It says "Made in USA" on it. It's a push mower, no gas. I'd say it was made in the 40's or 50's.

I recently acquired the same American Mower Company mower, same painted handle and all, that is shown in the picture above. Can't help with a manual, but I just sharpened it using the instructions in this YouTube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0AykhqLfG8, by reversing the wheel gears and using lapping compound. Worked a treat and cuts great!

I my dad has one of these n I was wondering if anyone would know what it is worth.

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousAugust 27, 2015
🌻
👒
🐰
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Age-and-Value-of-Reel-Mower.html