Finding the Value of Antique Lawn Mowers

Category Miscellaneous
There seems to be a collector for almost every type of antique or vintage tool. This is a guide about finding the value of antique lawn mowers.

I found this mower. It's a Bristers Inc. High Wheel Champ with a 5hp Briggs engine. I cannot find any information on its value.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

I assume nothing. There was a massive recall on them in 1987. www.safety-recalls.org/cpsc-content-87-87029.html

I would like to know the value of my 1948 Coldwell-Philadelphia Bear power mower. It has a Briggs & Stratton Model WI motor. The engine does turn over.

Answers

It appears that nobody wants to sell this mower. I can find a few videos of the mower running on YouTube. However, everyone who owns this mower isn't selling them. I would suggest that you contact an antique mower dealer in your area.

He will be able to give you an idea of the selling price. Just remember dealers will give you the lowest price possible. You can take his price and add 25 to 50 percent to find the price you can sell your mower at. Hope this helps.

I came across this old Falls Roto Clipper. I can't seem to find any information on it anywhere. Anyone know the worth or where I can find more info?

Answers

Go on the forums of vintagemowers.net. Someone is sure to know.
www.vintagemowers.net/.../

We recently came across this old Swivel Boy lawn mower and cannot find out any information about it. It only has three wheels. It is very different. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Answers

Try mowpartusa.com. They have information on all types of mowers.

Unfortunately, they do not have any info about a swivel boy lawn mower. Thank you though.

i did find where a Swivel Boy mower sold on eBay in June, 2017 for 103.00 but the photos are no longer available so I have no idea as to the condition of the mower. This link is still available if you'd like to check it out.

http://www.ebay  d=p2047675.l2557

i do not know if you have checked with the Old Lawn Mower Club as they have a lot of information and a good forum - you may have to join but it is free and no obligation.

http://www.oldl  help/generalhelp

I found an old Clipper Mower Company mower. It it the sickle bar type that has blades that go back and forth when the wheels roll. It is very old, but is in good shape. Does anyone have any idea what it might be worth?

Answers

I'm sorry, spell check changed the name....the mower is made by the Clipper Mower Company, not the Clinton

Editor's Note: Name changed in post.

I just sold mine at a flea market for $90.

i have one that is similar; patent dates on inside of wheels from 1895 to 1900 and the handle is marked "Red Diamond Senior ........." illegible. I bought mine in New England for $165.00. It has original red paint on the metal parts.

I have a circa 1890s Charter Oak push lawn mower in good condition. What might it be worth?

I have a buddy that has a Pearce Mower. He hasn't been able to find any information on it. It is self propelled. Does anyone know anything about them?

Answers

I can't find this brand, either. However, what does he want to find out? If it's how to fix it, it probably works the same as many other self-propelled mowers and he could look for a manual for any brand or on YouTube.

If he wants to know the value, he could go on mowpart.com.

Does your friend know any more information? When I put in Pearce Mower I only see a listing someone is selling: https://www.far  %27-mower-440631

Can you tell me how much my lawnmower may be worth? It is a Simplicity; I had never heard of them!

Answers

Is it anything like this one? Check out the price here.

http://www.ebay  or-/291991271954

you can go to mowerparts.com and start researching there.

Anyone know anything about these, how old and what it is worth?

Answers

It would be helpful to know the year, but what can be seen just from this is that in 1958 it cost $85: https://news.go  493723&hl=en

mowpart.com has prices for used models.

I have a 1930s Cooper "Royal" lawn mower, 4 HP engine, with rope start (wrap around pulley). It also has a ride behind Sulky attached. It is almost restored, with a recent rebuilt carburetor.

What's it worth?

Answers

Just curious - did you find any information on this mower? It seems it is kinda rare and especially with the sulky seat attached but value would be difficult to determine as it would be something for collectors and that is never easy to estimate.

I do have a link to a site that you can post your photo and ask for a value and an expert in that field will answer your question. This is free - no charges to you.

https://www.jus  -reel-mower.html

http://www.powe  fo/contactus.htm

I was trying to get some kind of idea on the value of my Caldwell Cub. What I have found out is that it is a not too common; it is a very early Coldwell Cub.
The earliest models did not have a throttle lever. The other obvious early feature is the side plate of the cutting unit and how it attaches to the chassis. The engine was made by Coldwell. The unit has compression and everything moves freely. It still has the Brass Bear Cub and original cork stopper for the radiator.

The only things missing are the fan belt and it needs a new muffler. It has been in the family forever, but I have not had it running for many years. Any info or value on it would be deeply appreciated.

Answers

It appears that your mower is a Coldwell Cub made by Caldwell. It is a late 1920's to early 1930's vintage. Here is a link I found showing the mower running.
https://www.you  ch?v=mq2qooiZC64

It doesn't appear that anyone is selling such a unit. So unfortunately, I can't find a price. There isn't much information about this mower. I would suggest that you contact an antique mower dealer in your area. I am sure they have more information on this mower for you.

I'm looking for information about old Huffy push mowers, such as how rare and value, etc. Mine has a Briggs & Stratton engine. It has a 21" cut and it's white and orange in color.

Answers

an ebay search indicates that they can go fro $50 to $300, depending on the quality, year, and demand. Definitely this is a very nice antique, and is especially valuable when it can be made to work.

I have a 1951 Jacobsen power unit with a reel attachment. I would like to know how much it is worth. It is in very good condition.

By chris gregoire

I found a old electric lawn mower. The name of the mower is Ezy Kutz. It was made by Bearings Transmission Inc. of Memphis, Tennessee. Has anyone ever heard of it?

Answers

There is a British website called http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/ I'm not sure if they could help with an American lawn mower, but you could try.

Could anyone tell me the year and value of this Yard-Man, model 1040-5?

Answers

http://www.user  rd-man/1040-5/8/ can't tell you the year but the value is approx 20 usd

I have my grandfather's Huffy hytamatic lawn mower model number 187, type 6012. You have to plug it in for it to run. It still runs great. Can you tell me if it's worth anything? Thank you.

By Lorraine H.