Finding the Value of Antique Lawn Mowers?

How much is this lawn mower worth?

Answers

Best Answer

Perhaps someone can help you with this but we really have to have more information or it will be very difficult to place a value other than just saying: vintage push lawn mowers are listed for sale on eBay for $25-$400 and sold mowers are about the same.
The value is based on sold listing of the same item as it shows what someone was willing to pay.
I cannot find any mower that is even similar as you have provided no information with which to search.
From the one picture it appears the mower has been repainted and was painted over old (maybe rusted?) frame. Was any of this the original color?
There is no information on approximate age or condition - does it run?
Also, where mower is located will generally have a big effect on value as these are 'local pick up only'. The pick up only is not just because of the weight/size but also due to the gasoline.

Perhaps someone else can help you with further information that I have not found.

You can always submit your picture and ask for information on forums but they do not usually provide any type of value but may be able to tell what brand mower you have.
You will have to join the group before posting.

www.mylawnmowerforum.com/.../
gardentractortalk.com/.../
www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/forum
www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/.../olcrelate

Reddit is good site for information but you may have problems posting pictures so ask for help.
www.reddit.com/.../

ThriftyFun also has information:
www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Vintage-Lawn-Mowers.html

Best Answer

It seems to me that you have 1950s Dunlap Electric Mower. Your lawnmower looks great, but I think that shipping will be really more expensive than the sale prize.
barnfinds.com/.../

Answer this Question

23 More Questions

I have come across an old Folbate F2 push lawnmower, (1900-1930) is stamped on it. I wondered if it has any value? It seems to be in good condition.

Answers

Best Answer

This one is asking $125. www.ebay.com/.../123703452385?hash=item1ccd4ce2e1...

Best Answer

The normal asking price for a vintage push mowers range from $60 to $150. The price is determined by supply and demand. If there are not many of this type of mower on the market the price is higher. If the market is flooded with this mower then this lowers your price.

Answer this Question

Was wondering about the date of this mower and possibly what its value is?

Answers

Best Answer

As to the date, the panel is not clear enough to read the numbers.
Here are some links that might help you find the model and the year made.
www.snapper.parts/Find-Your-Snapper-Model-Number
findanyanswer.com/how-do-you-tell-how-old-a-snapper...

It looks like your mower has been repainted and if it is a good job that will be a plus but if not, then that may take away from the value and it kinda looks like this was only partially reconditioned so that may not be a good sign as many people buy the old mowers and like to restore them.
Information you will need to provide if you wish to sell your mower will be as follows:
Is this a push or a self-propelled mower,
Blade cut size - inches
Engine brand & horsepower
All of this information should be on the mower (unless it has been painted over).

Here is a link to a 1986 very similar mower (nice looking condition) that sold for $50.
www.shoppok.com/.../a,35,84807,Vintage-Snapper-self-propelled...

Here is a similar mower (beautiful condition) that sold for $98.50 in 11/20.
www.ebay.com/.../274549485109?nordt=true&orig_cvip...

Mowers are usually listed as 'local pick up only' due to the high cost of shipping (and restrictions on gasoline) so your area will have a big bearing on the final value. Are push mowers popular or used in your area?

If you cannot determine the age of your mower you may be able to contact Snapper and ask for help.
www.snapper.com/.../contact-us.html

Answer this Question

I found this mower. It's a Bristers Inc. High Wheel Champ with a 5hp Briggs engine. I cannot find any information on its value.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

I assume nothing. There was a massive recall on them in 1987. www.safety-recalls.org/cpsc-content-87-87029.html

Answer this Question

I would like to know value of antique Johnson rotary mower.

We recently came across this old Swivel Boy lawn mower and cannot find out any information about it. It only has three wheels. It is very different. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Answers

i did find where a Swivel Boy mower sold on eBay in June, 2017 for 103.00 but the photos are no longer available so I have no idea as to the condition of the mower. This link is still available if you'd like to check it out.

www.ebay.com/.../151054429372?nma=true&si=liBielJm6Rca4qnxcNXB3hrTxEU...

i do not know if you have checked with the Old Lawn Mower Club as they have a lot of information and a good forum - you may have to join but it is free and no obligation.

www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/.../generalhelp

Hello, I know the original post was from 2017, but do you still have the Swivel Boy? It was actually invented by my 93 year old grandfather, so I would love to have one.

I found an old Clipper Mower Company mower. It it the sickle bar type that has blades that go back and forth when the wheels roll. It is very old, but is in good shape. Does anyone have any idea what it might be worth?

Answers

I'm sorry, spell check changed the name....the mower is made by the Clipper Mower Company, not the Clinton

Editor's Note: Name changed in post.

I just sold mine at a flea market for $90.

We have an old Lawnboy from the 60s (or maybe earlier) with a "loafer" attachment. Does anyone have an idea where we might be able to find someone that would take interest in something like this?

I was wondering how much this is worth. It's a vintage Jacobson Manor 30 with a Wisconsin motor. It has been stored indoors and all has and oil drained before storing. Great shape?

Does anyone know the value? I believe it was made in 1909, so approximately 110 years old and it still cuts the grass.

I came across this old Falls Roto Clipper. I can't seem to find any information on it anywhere. Anyone know the worth or where I can find more info?

Answers

There are very few places left that will even discuss vintage mowers as it appears these places were being bombarded with questions (mostly about value) that the members just said - no more - and so most will not even answer a simple question.

There may still be some appraisers left that will give some answers (for a price) but I have not seen any links.

Your best bet is to keep searching eBay in their vintage mowers and their sold listings as many people do use the eBay site. Many sellers will list their heavy items with "pick up only" as the shipping is expensive and difficult to even pack.

Here is what is presently listed on eBay (you will have to sort through to find a mower) so you can see that mowers are being listed and occasionally one will sell. You may never see a Falls Roto Clipper listed. You can place a watch on anyone of the listings if you wish to see if it sells.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vintage+push...

Here is a link to the sold site on eBay (sold prices in green).

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313...

You might want to check listings in your local area such as Craigslist, USA4Sale, IOffer, and any other sites that are in your area as many times these are the best place to list things like this.

You can always start your price high and lower it if no one shows an interest.

I have a 1951 Jacobsen power unit with a reel attachment. I would like to know how much it is worth. It is in very good condition.

By chris gregoire

Answers

I have the same power unit with a sickle bar mower. I have one complete and enough parts to build a couple more. I wonder what they are worth.

Look on eBay for a few months. You will see what they sell for, and if they sell at all.

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousMay 8, 2014
🌻
🐛
👒
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Antique-Lawn-Mowers.html