Value of Vintage Lawn Mowers

The value of vintage lawn mowers is dependent on a variety of factors, including the condition, rarity, and age. There are forums focused on vintage mowers that might provide some help. This page also offers some estimates for some of the mowers included.

I recently saved this beauty from the scrap yard, but can't find any info. I was wondering its value.

Answers

Best Answer

I can't seem to find the exact mower you are asking about. However, there are other vintage mowers similar to yours that are selling for around $60 yo $150. If the mower is restored you can get a higher asking price for the mower.

Best Answer

There is one on Pinterest that shows it as red and green:

www.pinterest.com/.../

As to value, that is very regional, so my suggestion is to talk to your local feed store or local hardware store of if you are lucky enough to have an antique/vintage shop that deals in garden items, talk to them about how much it would cost to buy a fully restored version in your town.

That will be retail and you can expect to get a little less than retail if you are selling it on your own.

Post back what you learn and where you are located so we can all learn regional values! Thanks for asking.

I found an old Sears Roebuck push mower, model #131 81180. Where can I find more information?

Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

You may have already posted it on this site (see link below) and got your answer that it is an early 1950s version), as it looks like an exact match to yours...

www.smokstak.com/.../showthread.php?t=178844

Below is a neat site that has a lot of Sears/Craftsman history:

todaysmower.com/.../

So many of their products are still around it is amazing...it is good if you are using them, but bad for value as supply is high and demand, not always high...so as for value...I would just keep an eye on the SOLD auctions on eBay and other online sites matching your exact item to the exact item sold.

You can find sold auctions by clicking the sold button on your screen (completed + sold). I don't see an exact match for yours today, but the market changes hourly, so keep checking back!

NEVER use asking price to determine value, as people can ask the world, value in today's market is only what people will ACTUALLY PAY for an item!

I love the color! Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer

It looks like a 1953 or 54 model because the earlier engines had fill for tank in the center. The 131 of the model number denotes it was built by Rally/Roper, the company which later joined American Yard Products, which is now owned by Husqvarna.

Would you know the value of something like this? It's all original and shouldn't take much to get going. I recently found it in an old barn I purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

Hi! I would just put it on for $200 or more if it is really old and see if anyone buys it!

Best Answer

I can not find the exact mower you have pictured here. In order to quote you a fair price for the item it is difficult because it seems nobody has one listed or there are no images of this mower I can find. In order to understand what you have found and what it is worth you will need to visit a lawnmower forum that specializes in these types of mowers to find out more about this mower.

Here are a few forums that you can register on and post this image. You may even be able to sell this mower there to a collector. It is a very unique mower and I am sure there will be a few people interested in this mower.

www.vintagemowers.net/.../
www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/forum
www.mylawnmowerforum.com/.../7809-practical-vintage-mower.html

I would like to know the value of my 1948 Coldwell-Philadelphia Bear power mower. It has a Briggs & Stratton Model WI motor. The engine does turn over.

Answers

It appears that nobody wants to sell this mower. I can find a few videos of the mower running on YouTube. However, everyone who owns this mower isn't selling them. I would suggest that you contact an antique mower dealer in your area.

He will be able to give you an idea of the selling price. Just remember dealers will give you the lowest price possible. You can take his price and add 25 to 50 percent to find the price you can sell your mower at. Hope this helps.

I have a 1964 Cub Cadet 100 lawn tractor with the owner's manual with the date of purchase. The tractor is equipped with original tires and motor. I have the original mower deck and two snowblower attachments. What is this worth?

Answers

LOW ASKING PRICE OF A 1964 TRACTOR IS 600.00,HIGH PRICE IS 1450,00.

This one is asking $1500. www.ebay.com/.../122419565347?chn=ps&ul_ref=https...

These are popular machines and that you have original pieces is great!!

Right now there are none sold on eBay to give you the global or regional market value of them. I find the most accurate way to value things is to use eBay sold. That tells me exactly what someone is willing to pay for something...which is today's current market value.

Never us asking price to value as people can ask what they want and only sold tells you what someone is willing to pay.

The challenge with the lawn tractors is they are almost always sold as local pick up so you will only be seeing the price for where the person listed it...where you are it may be higher or lower based on supply and demand.

Maybe someone on one of the websites below can give you more insight on values in your area:

www.farmallcub.com/.../viewtopic.php?t=83492

www.wfmachines.com/.../30715-My-1964-Cub-Cadet-100

www.thefarmclub.org/.../rolke.asp

Most on this site are generalists and know our specific areas of interest and values in the cities where we are.

This last site is specifically devoted to tractor sales and there is a Cub on there with the phone number of the seller....so if he is in your area maybe he can give you a feel for your town's price threshold.

www.tractorhouse.com/.../cub

Let me know what answers you find!!

I was just wondering what the value of this mower is. I have had it for years and just would like to see if it's worth auctioning off to make a bit of money.

Answers

This one is asking 225 pounds. www.ebay.co.uk/.../bn_7024937897

If you want to sell the mover to make a bit of a profit, I would sell it locally at an antique store. This way you do not have to worry about shipping and handling costs. You should be able to get around $250 or so for the mower.

How do I find out the value of a 1970 Toro Whirlwind electric lawnmower model 18301?

Answers

These are less than $100 on eBay.

The value of the mower depends on a lot of factors. One way to find out about this mower is by visiting a vintage lawn mower forum. These guys are so helpful and can tell you the true value of your mower. Online sites to sell items are not a great way to find out how much they are worth. Check out this forum. www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/forum

Vintage Craftsman riding mowers, especially those in working order, can be collector's items. If you have a vintage mower, some research may be required to determine if it has any value.

Value of a Vintage Riding Mower

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Vintage mower values can be rather wide ranging. Their age, condition, and rarity all play a part. Collector's may pay more, individuals who just like to use old style mowers, less. Some may actually be worth more for their parts than as a working machine. Read on for links, suggestions, tips, and more.

Value of an Electric Westinghouse Motor Push Mower

Vintage lawn mowers sometimes increase in value over time, depending on their age and condition. This page has information about the value of a vintage Ransomes lawn mower.

Value of a Ransomes Minor Mk6 Lawn Mower - rusty old mower

Whether you collect or are trying to sell a vintage mower, some research will be needed. Vintage mowers vary in value and are sought for a number of reasons from yard decorations to increasing a collector's inventory. This is a page about determining the value of vintage Dunlap mowers.

A wheel of a reel mower.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Lawn Mowers Vintage Lawn MowersJanuary 27, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-02-04 09:51:16 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️