Value of Vintage Lawn Mowers

I recently saved this beauty from the scrap yard, but can't find any info. I was wondering its value.

Answers

Best Answer

I can't seem to find the exact mower you are asking about. However, there are other vintage mowers similar to yours that are selling for around $60 yo $150. If the mower is restored you can get a higher asking price for the mower.

Best Answer

There is one on Pinterest that shows it as red and green:

www.pinterest.com/.../

As to value, that is very regional, so my suggestion is to talk to your local feed store or local hardware store of if you are lucky enough to have an antique/vintage shop that deals in garden items, talk to them about how much it would cost to buy a fully restored version in your town.

That will be retail and you can expect to get a little less than retail if you are selling it on your own.

Post back what you learn and where you are located so we can all learn regional values! Thanks for asking.

Answer this Question

12 More Questions

Would you know the value of something like this? It's all original and shouldn't take much to get going.

I recently found it in an old barn I purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Answers

Best Answer

Hi! I would just put it on for $200 or more if it is really old and see if anyone buys it!

Best Answer

I can not find the exact mower you have pictured here. In order to quote you a fair price for the item it is difficult because it seems nobody has one listed or there are no images of this mower I can find. In order to understand what you have found and what it is worth you will need to visit a lawnmower forum that specializes in these types of mowers to find out more about this mower. Here are a few forums that you can register on and post this image. You may even be able to sell this mower there to a collector. It is a very unique mower and I am sure there will be a few people interested in this mower.

www.vintagemowers.net/.../
www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/forum
www.mylawnmowerforum.com/.../7809-practical-vintage-mower.html

Answer this Question

I recently found this mower in the back of my shed. I am wondering if it has any value or if I should scrap it. Is there a way to look up the serial number?

Answers

Best Answer

Here is a good site to help you find the serial number of your mower - www.simplicitymfg.com/.../riding-mower-identification.html. Belive it or not these vintage mowers do bring in some cash. Depending on the make, model, year and condition of the mower is how people determine the value of the mower. Normally a lawnmower forum is the best place to get a really good price for your mower. There are a lot of people who do collect these mowers and they find what they want on these forums.

Answer this Question

Can anyone tell me what year this mower is and the value of it?

Answers

Best Answer

Usually a vintage Lawn Boy mower in nice running order in good looking condition can sell for several hundred dollars but you say nothing about your mower's running condition and it definitely needs cleaning up. The blade size makes a difference also.

since there are several of these mowers that look alike, you will need the model number to find out the year made and also to be able to sell it.

www.rcpw.com/.../where-to-find-the-model-and-serial...

You can check eBay listings to see if you can find your mower and place a watch on it if you do. You will then know if it sells and for how much.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334...

Here is a link to eBay's sold mowers so check out what people were willing to pay for this type of mower as only a sold item can tell you a 'current value'. Asking prices are just what a seller would like to receive for their items.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vintage+lawn...

You can also check Google for your mower (you need the model number) as you can find mowers listed for sale and sold on many sites.

www.google.com/search?q=vintage+lawn+boy+mower&client...

www.facebook.com/.../

These mowers are expensive to ship so most sellers list their mowers as 'pick up only' so naturally some places are into mowers like this while others could care less and then value will be much lower.
You can check your area out by looking for similar mowers on Craigslist, USA4Sale, Facebook Marketplace, etc.
You'll have to determine your mower's value after doing some of this research as well as the overall condition and what is selling in your area.

Answer this Question

I have a Clinton VS1000, gas powered mower. How rare is it and how much is it worth?

Answers

Best Answer

Here is a bit of history about your mower. The very first Clinton factory was established in 1946. The factory opened in Clinton Ohio where it has 150 employees who made gas powered engines. I have tried to find the mower online to get an idea about how much it is worth. They are still selling parts to fix the mower and you can still buy a lot of them online today. As for the value of the mower this is determined by the condition of the mower and if it is running or not. I do not see if your mower is running or not. The condition is very bad and a person would need to invest a lot of time and some money into restoring the mower. A lot of older gas powered mowers sell online for around $150 but they are also in a little bit better condition than yours is.

Answer this Question

I would like to know the value of my 1948 Coldwell-Philadelphia Bear power mower. It has a Briggs & Stratton Model WI motor. The engine does turn over.

Answers

It appears that nobody wants to sell this mower. I can find a few videos of the mower running on YouTube. However, everyone who owns this mower isn't selling them. I would suggest that you contact an antique mower dealer in your area. He will be able to give you an idea of the selling price. Just remember dealers will give you the lowest price possible. You can take his price and add 25 to 50 percent to find the price you can sell your mower at. Hope this helps.

Answer this Question

I have a 1964 Cub Cadet 100 lawn tractor with the owner's manual with the date of purchase. The tractor is equipped with original tires and motor. I have the original mower deck and two snowblower attachments. What is this worth?

Answers

LOW ASKING PRICE OF A 1964 TRACTOR IS 600.00,HIGH PRICE IS 1450,00.

This one is asking $1500. www.ebay.com/.../122419565347?chn=ps&ul_ref=https...

These are popular machines and that you have original pieces is great!!

Right now there are none sold on eBay to give you the global or regional market value of them. I find the most accurate way to value things is to use eBay sold. That tells me exactly what someone is willing to pay for something...which is today's current market value.

Never us asking price to value as people can ask what they want and only sold tells you what someone is willing to pay.

The challenge with the lawn tractors is they are almost always sold as local pick up so you will only be seeing the price for where the person listed it...where you are it may be higher or lower based on supply and demand.

Maybe someone on one of the websites below can give you more insight on values in your area:

www.farmallcub.com/.../viewtopic.php?t=83492

www.wfmachines.com/.../30715-My-1964-Cub-Cadet-100

www.thefarmclub.org/.../rolke.asp

Most on this site are generalists and know our specific areas of interest and values in the cities where we are.

This last site is specifically devoted to tractor sales and there is a Cub on there with the phone number of the seller....so if he is in your area maybe he can give you a feel for your town's price threshold.

www.tractorhouse.com/.../cub

Let me know what answers you find!!

Answer this Question

I was just wondering what the value of this mower is. I have had it for years and just would like to see if it's worth auctioning off to make a bit of money.

Answers

This one is asking 225 pounds. www.ebay.co.uk/.../bn_7024937897

How do I find out the value of a 1970 Toro Whirlwind electric lawnmower model 18301?

Answers

These are less than $100 on eBay.

Answer this Question

Vintage Craftsman riding mowers, especially those in working order, can be collector's items. If you have a vintage mower, some research may be required to determine if it has any value.

Value of a Vintage Riding Mower

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Vintage mower values can be rather wide ranging. Their age, condition, and rarity all play a part. Collector's may pay more, individuals who just like to use old style mowers, less. Some may actually be worth more for their parts than as a working machine. Read on for links, suggestions, tips, and more.

Value of an Electric Westinghouse Motor Push Mower

Vintage lawn mowers sometimes increase in value over time, depending on their age and condition. This page has information about the value of a vintage Ransomes lawn mower.

Value of a Ransomes Minor Mk6 Lawn Mower - rusty old mower

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles Lawn Mowers Vintage Lawn MowersJanuary 27, 2020
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Vintage-Lawn-Mowers.html