Value of Vintage Craftsman Riding Mower

Vintage Craftsman riding mowers, especially those in working order, can be collector's items. If you have a vintage mower, some research may be required to determine if it has any value.

Is this old riding lawn mower worth anything? It is from Sears and Roebuck, from the 1940s! Model#131 8100.

Answers

Best Answer

This is a great mower and it looks like it is in fairly good shape. In the past, you could find a few of these models on different lawn mower forums and people were asking $300 to $600 dollars depending on the condition of the mower.

If your mower is running and in good condition, you can more than likely sell it for around $300. The ones they sold for $600 were in excellent condition and had the paint restored along with some other parts to make it look almost new.

Best Answer

This could be worth more than $300 if you find the right collector. Collectors do not always care if it is running as they usually redo everything themselves. Finding the right collector will be the problem. It may take a while.

• You can check vintage mowers on eBay (you will not find one like yours or probably even similar) but you can see what people are asking for their vintage mowers. Asking prices do not usually mean the items are selling for those prices but it does show what is for sale.
  • Advertisement

• Here is a link to vintage mowers on eBay at the present time:
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524...
  • Then you can check the mowers that actually sold on eBay over the past several months to compare the differences. You will rarely see a mower sell for even several hundred dollars. Some of these mowers will be in very good condition but a true vintage mower can still bring good money but it may take a long time before it will sell. Some sellers leave things like this up for sale for q year, hoping the right collector will see it and of course want it.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=vintage+lawn...
  • One of the main thing you should notice is that eBay listings have "local pick up only" which means that mowers that sold were bought by someone in the same area as the seller.
  • Advertisement

• Usually, living in a large metropolis has a big advantage because you have more people looking/searching than in a small city area so that also usually means you can ask more money.
  • There are a couple of places that you might ask your questions and submit your pictures and find out a little more about your mower (always a good thing). You may have to become a member to be able to ask your questions but that is usually free so not a problem.
  • Check these out:
  • www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/.../can-you-value-my-mowerhow-much-my...
  • www.yesterdaystractors.com/.../boards.cgi
  • You should also check your local and national Craigslist for any similar mowers.
  • If you ever decide to list your mower for sale, you should set a high price and list it on several sites (just be sure to close it out on sites - if you sell it).
  • Advertisement

• Hope you can find more information about the value but this is just something that no one can really tell you that is not familiar with vintage mowers.
  • Good luck - hope it is worth a bundle!

I have a 1960 Sears Craftsman green and white riding lawnmower. Model # 137962860. I was wanting to sell it, but have no idea of the value. It does not run. All the parts are on it I believe. A friend told me it won't take much to get running, but I don't know.

Answers

Contact the forum at the Old Lawn Mower Club. They are very knowledgeable. www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/

Anonymous

Ty

I found a old Craftsman Sears and Roebuck riding lawn mower. From what I have found online I believe it is a 1962 model, but I am not 100% sure that is the right year.

If anyone knows the exact year and the value of it please share it with me. The model number is 131.8151. Please help!

Answers

I did not easily find anything on the internet, but here is a great site apparently dedicated to those who are interested in vintage Sears garden tractors and things vintagesearsgardentractors.com/

We had a Sears riding mower. It was I believe a 1862, as we had it before Kennedy was shot. It came with a 4.5 hp engine. Our first engine blew, and we replaced it with a 6.5 hp. We'd pull wheelies with it. It had a white clam shell type cover, F-N-R transmission gearshift on the side, and two control knobs just in front of the seat. one was to engage the blade. I think the other was for the speed.

I purchased a vintage Craftsman pull string riding mower at an auction a few years ago. I believe it is from the 70s. it has a quadratorque transmission. It runs and cuts well. I was wondering if there was value in this mower

Answers

This is a great resource to find the value of your Sears riding mower. vintagesearsgardentractors.com/

Consumer Advice Collectibles Lawn Mowers Vintage Lawn MowersOctober 11, 2019
🎃
🍂