Finding the Value of Vintage Mersman Furniture

Category Collectibles
This Ohio based company produced millions of items of furniture during its existence. This is a guide about finding the value of vintage Mersman furniture.

I am trying to find a date, value, and info on this table. I have two and they are in fair condition. Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

These tables were made in the middle of the 20th century. The value is around $35 each, from what I have seen.

I have a six sided hexagon end table it looks to be in very good condition. The label says Mersman 38-5.

Answers

Best Answer

Considering your table is in good condition, or what I can tell from your photo, you should be able to ask around $50 for this table. These types of tables don't have a high resale value.

Best Answer

Mersman tables are well made but so many were produced (mid century) that resale value on most styles runs in the $45-95 range.

• An insurance appraisal may state more money but when trying to sell it is difficult as so many table are available and most of the time you have to sell in your own area as shipping is very costly.
  • I did find one table very similar to yours and the asking price is $75 but shipping would be over $100.
  • https://www.eba  qiYAAOSwkvFaafhw
  • Just to illustrate a point - here is a table that sold for only $5 (10/2017)
  • https://www.ebt  table-by-mersman
  • Questions about Mersman tables is a popular item on ThriftyFun so you might find some useful information on past postings.
  • https://www.thr  n-Furniture.html

I have a Mersman table #7434. Could you tell me what kind of table it is, how old it is, and if it's worth anything? I can't find anything online about it.

Answers

Best Answer

Mersman tables were made in the middle part of the 20th century. This is one of the larger tables. From what I have seen, tables of this kind are worth between $175-$225.

Best Answer

This company closed in the mid 20th century and when they were opened they mass produced tables for people's homes. At this time most homes had one table or another made by this company.

Anyhow, your table looks in fairly good condition and I would estimate from what people are selling them for you could get around $150 to $200 depending on if they are in high demand or not.

How do I find out the value of a Mersman table, 6296?

Answers

Best Answer

Finding the value of your Mersman Table:

• Mersman was a company that mass produced tables for home before it closed.
  • Many people had these tables in their homes because they were reasonable.
  • Unfortunately, Mersman isn't a table that holds its resale value and gets more valuable with age.
  • Depending on the condition of the table they sell at most auction houses start at $50 to $80 at the most.
  • Considering you didn't upload an image of the table I would give you my best guess around $60 to $80 if this is in good condition and in high demand.
  • Ad

• Currently the people who sell these tables are the ones that are in high demand.

I found this set of Mersman end tables on the curb. They're in fantastic shape. There are drawers on the bottom and they have what look like leather tops. Any information you can give would be great. Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

Excellent find! From what I have seen on eBay I would value them at $75 each.

Best Answer

You have basically identified them with the number 9142. This company uses to produce these types of tables in mass production when they were in business. So many people had these in their home at the time.

This wood isn't top quality wood and it won't bring a large resale value to you. However, the tables look in good condition and you should clean them up some and enjoy them in your home.

It's a long coffee table with three posts on each end.

Answers

Best Answer

This company made hundreds of thousands of tables back in the 1920's. The tables were inexpensive and most everyone owned one in their home. Unfortunately, that means that these types of tables did not retain or increase in value over the years. Many people think these types of table are worth a lot of money. However, this isn't the case. The tables normally sell from $50 to $200 depending on the condition, supply, and demand at the time you want to sell the table.

Best Answer

Mersman tables were made in the 1950's. If it is a long table, it is probably worth $100-$125, if it's in good condition.

I am trying to find out how old my Mersman table is and the value. I have attached pics.

Answers

Best Answer

The company made more than 30,000 tables in the 1920's that were sold to almost every home at this time. The tables were not made of top quality wood so therefore, they don't hold a resale value as a top quality piece of furniture of this time.

This type of table is common and sold frequently on eBay and other auction houses. Normally a table like this goes for around $40 to $60. However, keep in mind these table values will change from time to time depending on the supply and demand of this model.

Best Answer

This table was made in the mid-twentieth century. From what I have seen on eBay it is worth about $100.

I am cleaning up this Mersman Bros., Brandts CO. find. What is the value? This table seems shorter than other library tables I have come across.

I have a small table from my mother-in-law (born 1909) that was her mother's table. It is a Mersman with the number 4685 on the underside. Is it one of many or more rare?
Thank you for any information you can offer.

Answers

Best Answer

Mersman furniture is popular but the asking prices are all usually whatever someone thinks it should be worth.

• Mersman made several million pieces from 1870 until they completely closed in 1995 so you may search for a long time and never see a table exactly like yours listed on any site.
  • From the research I have done, I would say your table may be valued at $75-$150 but how quick it would sell is another matter entirely.
  • Only really rare pieces of furniture (of any brand) are considered "fast" sellers.
  • Many sellers keep relisting pieces for months and months and may eventually have to reduce the price or just give up and maybe try selling it on Craigslist.
  • Most of the time individual sellers list furniture as "pick up only" as it is very expensive to ship any size piece.
  • eBay and Etsy are the two most frequently used web sites for Mersman furniture and there will always be 200-400 different pieces listed at all times.
  • Here are links to what is presently listed so you can see what is being offered and the asking prices.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_odkw=Mersman+Table+4685&...
  • www.etsy.com/.../mersman
  • Here is a link to tables that actually sold over the past several months.
  • www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&...
  • You may want to ask for a professional opinion but bear in mind that location has a lot to do with value also.
  • You can try for information through this link (Kovels):
  • www.kovels.com/.../contact-us.html

just as information:

www.kovels.com/.../j-b-mersman-table.html

www.ebth.com/.../6681993-vintage-mersman-coffee-table

Any idea what this Mersman card table is worth?

Answers

Best Answer

There is very little information available about Mersman furniture except that everyone agrees their furniture is of the highest quality. Your piece should have a Mersman mark with a number on the bottom so check that out.

• There is a lot of Mersman furniture listed on several auction sites but eBay and Etsy usually have the highest numbers listed.
  • It is rare to see the same pieces listed very often as so many kinds/styles were made.
  • There is no known record of what Mersman numbers mean as the company never released a list of any kind (that anyone has ever been able to find).
  • Most of the furniture is just listed as "mid-century" because there is no way to determine dates each piece/style was made.
  • Card tables are generally a popular item, especially a wooden fold-up style, so your table, if in very good condition and never refinished, may be worth more than the $75 shown on some tables.
  • You may want to get an appraisal so you will have a little more credibility to the actual value. Of course, appraisal value does not really mean you can sell it for that price but it helps with knowing what to list as a starting price.
  • Here are some sites that offer free appraisals but check them out first. Barneby's is also listed but they charge $17 for their appraisal.
  • www.artifactcollectors.com/.../
  • antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online
  • www.barnebys.com/.../
  • As information - here is an example of a sale from 2016 of a fancy table but similar to yours.
  • www.ebth.com/.../3032362-mersman-federal-style-card...
  • There is information about the Mersman company but none of it offers what most people want to know. You can read the following links if you wish but most of the clickable links lead no where and the company is no longer in business.
  • www.reference.com/.../mersman-table-model-numbers-94d23dd12141792c...
  • mersmantable.com/.../Mersman-FAQs.htm
  • If you wish to sell your table, you may want to try your local Craigslist first, especially if you live in or near a large city, as you may start your price at $250 and reduce if no one shows an interest.
  • Furniture tends to sell better if a buyer can see the piece and there is no shipping involved.

This is one of the better articles written about the history of Mersman.
www.antiquetrader.com/.../

What is the value of a Mersman table #6275 with a glass top?

Answers

Best Answer

It is hard to tell the condition of the table. It looks like it is in fair to good condition. In this case you can sell the table for $65 to $75.

I have a Mersman table that opens up in the middle and has compartments inside it. It's labeled Mersman 7371. Year? Rarity? Value? It has a hidden secret compartment in it.

Answers

Best Answer

The company made many of these types of table back in the 1920's and many people had them in their home. Considering the condition of this table your value or price for the piece won't be much. You could ask around $35 to $50 for this in the condition it is in. These tables were manufactured in the 1920's like I said earlier.

I purchased this coffee table with a drawer and wheels for $30. I am wondering if that was a good deal and what it may be worth.

Answers

Best Answer

The table looks in fairly good condition and it doesn't seem to have too much damage at all. I feel that you paid a fair price for this table. I believe people are selling tables similar to this one on eBay starting at $50 to $75.

The selling price of these types of table is based on demand. How many people are looking for this model will determine the value of this table. If not too many people want this model of a table the selling price is lower.

Before the company closed its doors, they sold so many different style tables for homes. These tables were mass produced and sold for a very reasonable price. These types of table didn't hold their resale value like other tables made from this time. However, I feel like you have purchased the table at a fair price and you could double your investment if you wanted to sell the table again.

I have 2 matching Mersman 7015 end tables with glass covered surfaces. How would I find a value for them, either to insure or sell? They are in excellent condition.

Answers

Best Answer

Matching Mersman end tables:

1. Mersman is a furniture store that mass produced Mersman tables until the warehouse closed.
  2. Many people owed these tables in their homes because the price was rather reasonable and not too expensive.
  3. Some tables such as yours have lasted over the years and have been kept in good condition.
  4. Unfortunately, the price of these tables has declined in value, instead of increasing in value.
  5. Many of these tables are listed on eBay and a few other auction houses for a starting price of $30 and going as high as $150.
  6. However, the asking price isn't always the sale prices of these tables. Many people end up settling for far less than what they asked originally.
  7. If you would like to insure your table you can't ask more than $50 for each one. Even if they have a glass top on the table. The maximum price you could insure these tables for is $100 for the pair.
  8. The only reason I am quoting this price is because if the table was damaged and couldn't be repaired you could easily replace the table for under $50.
  9. I would estimate that the two table you own now could be sold for $75 to $100 for the set.

I have a Mersman round table and a rectangular table 7384 and 7499. How much are they worth and is that a red or Bombay mahogany?

Answers

These tables are mahogany; I'm not sure which.
The round table is in better shape. I think it's worth $100. The other one is about $75.

I have a Mersman table with the number 3-39 stamped on the bottom. How old is it and what is it worth?

I have a Mersman 6651 and I'd like to know what it's worth please.

Load More