Finding the Value of Vintage Mersman Furniture

Category Collectibles
This Ohio based company produced millions of items of furniture during its existence. This is a page about finding the value of vintage Mersman furniture.

I would like to know the year and value of this Mersman drop leaf coffee table.

Answers

Best Answer

Mersman was a popular furniture manufacturer that produced furniture from the 1870s until 1995. The tables were mass produced, around 30,000 in the 1920s and an estimated 20+ million over the course of production. Because these tables were so highly produced, they were in most every home back then. Because they are so common, they do not hold a resale value as a top quality antique at this time. Ive seen them being sold from anywhere from $15 to $200. $200 being an asking bid on EBay for a unique piece in pristine condition.

The tables are identified by the 4 digit numbers located on the underside of the table. From your photo, Im only able to make out what looks like either a 93 d or 36 P. Are there any other numbers on any other part of the underneath of the table? Ive googled both options, but since they are identified by 4 numbers, I havent been able to locate this exact table and Ive looked everywhere. The closest I have found sold for $25 on EBay and it was a 1957 model. Also, I cant make out if that is another shelf underneath or drawer inserts. If you could let me know which one, I can continue to help you search. Im sorry Im not much more help. Im thinking this table in its condition would go for $15-$50 depending on if you are able to find a collector, etc. you may want to contact a local antiques dealer and see if they have any additional information on these tables. They were so largely produced that there has to be many people with additional information.

If you are able to locate any other numbers, post them below and I will help continue to look. Also, if you could post another photo from the side showing the shelf/drawer angle, that may help in locating more info.

Best of luck to you!

Best Answer

My understanding of the naming history of this company is that after 1977 they started using the name "Mersman Tables" which is on the sticker on your piece. This would put your piece after that and before they closed in the mid 1990s (I am guessing early 1980s).

Something is not right about your piece--and I am wondering if it was altered to become a drop leave--the drops just don't look factory to me--and I can't put my finger on why. Also it is missing the center (either a leather or Formica or tile center).

I would take the piece to a vintage furniture dealer and see if they can look at it and see what I can't regarding it being converted to a drop leave. I could be wrong and hope I am and that they truly are original.

If you are asking for the value to sell it as is, in this condition, in most places, it would not fetch more than $10-15 dollars. There are just to many condition issues with the piece.

Now, if you fixed it up and created a high end, flea market flip style table from it, you may be able to fetch much more as people love doing that to these sturdy tables, and I have seen project tables fetch into the low hundreds on Etsy and at craft shows featuring reclaimed pieces.

Post back what you learn! Thanks for sharing!

What is the age of this end table? What is it made of and what is it worth? Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

Mersman made table in the early to mid 19th century. The tables were all made in factories and normally they used oak to make their tables with.

These items sold well back then and it seemed everyone had one or two in their homes. Today the value of the table is right around $25 to $35.

Best Answer

Here's a link with the same 35-62 style table in a set that sold for $35.00 for the pair in 2015 with a 30% disc. Add the 30% disc. back on and it's value then was $45.50 In 2019 the value may have increased a bit....so you have something to go on in comparisons.
uhurufurniture.blogspot.com/.../mersman-end-tables-with-storage-35...

I have a six sided hexagon end table it looks to be in very good condition. The label says Mersman 38-5.

Answers

Best Answer

Considering your table is in good condition, or what I can tell from your photo, you should be able to ask around $50 for this table. These types of tables don't have a high resale value.

Best Answer

Mersman tables are well made but so many were produced (mid century) that resale value on most styles runs in the $45-95 range.

I am trying to find a date, value, and info on this table. I have two and they are in fair condition. Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

These tables were made in the middle of the 20th century. The value is around $35 each, from what I have seen.

I've had this table in my home since the 80s. I purchased it from a friend that claimed it had been her grandmother's for years. How do I find a value on this?

This table is listed for 350$ I also found the same one for 85$. How can I find its value?

I have two Mersman side tables that are in excellent condition (just dusty). Any idea of their value?

I found this set of Mersman end tables on the curb. They're in fantastic shape. There are drawers on the bottom and they have what look like leather tops. Any information you can give would be great. Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

Excellent find! From what I have seen on eBay I would value them at $75 each.

Best Answer

You have basically identified them with the number 9142. This company uses to produce these types of tables in mass production when they were in business. So many people had these in their home at the time. This wood isn't top quality wood and it won't bring a large resale value to you. However, the tables look in good condition and you should clean them up some and enjoy them in your home.

I have a Mersman table #7434. Could you tell me what kind of table it is, how old it is, and if it's worth anything? I can't find anything online about it.

Answers

Best Answer

Mersman tables were made in the middle part of the 20th century. This is one of the larger tables. From what I have seen, tables of this kind are worth between $175-$225.

Best Answer

This company closed in the mid 20th century and when they were opened they mass produced tables for people's homes. At this time most homes had one table or another made by this company. Anyhow, your table looks in fairly good condition and I would estimate from what people are selling them for you could get around $150 to $200 depending on if they are in high demand or not.

I have this rectangular Mersman table with a single drawer and I know zero about it. Any information about this style of table, value and/or model would be great and thank you!

This is stamped "Mersman 6651" on the underside of the table. Can you tell me what kind of wood it's made out of?

Thanks.

How do I find out the value of a Mersman table, 6296?

Answers

Best Answer

Finding the value of your Mersman Table:

• Mersman was a company that mass produced tables for home before it closed.
  • Many people had these tables in their homes because they were reasonable.
  • Unfortunately, Mersman isn't a table that holds its resale value and gets more valuable with age.
  • Depending on the condition of the table they sell at most auction houses start at $50 to $80 at the most.
  • Considering you didn't upload an image of the table I would give you my best guess around $60 to $80 if this is in good condition and in high demand.
  • Currently the people who sell these tables are the ones that are in high demand.

It's a long coffee table with three posts on each end.

Answers

Best Answer

This company made hundreds of thousands of tables back in the 1920's. The tables were inexpensive and most everyone owned one in their home. Unfortunately, that means that these types of tables did not retain or increase in value over the years. Many people think these types of table are worth a lot of money. However, this isn't the case. The tables normally sell from $50 to $200 depending on the condition, supply, and demand at the time you want to sell the table.

I am trying to find out how old my Mersman table is and the value. I have attached pics.

Answers

Best Answer

The company made more than 30,000 tables in the 1920's that were sold to almost every home at this time. The tables were not made of top quality wood so therefore, they don't hold a resale value as a top quality piece of furniture of this time.

This type of table is common and sold frequently on eBay and other auction houses. Normally a table like this goes for around $40 to $60. However, keep in mind these table values will change from time to time depending on the supply and demand of this model.

Best Answer

This table was made in the mid-twentieth century. From what I have seen on eBay it is worth about $100.

Load More

Consumer Advice CollectiblesMarch 11, 2016
🐛
😷
👔
👒
🌻

Generated 2020-05-04 10:37:58 in 13 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️