Finding the Value of Vintage Mersman Furniture

Category Collectibles
This Ohio based company produced millions of items of furniture during its existence. This is a guide about finding the value of vintage Mersman furniture.

I have a six sided hexagon end table it looks to be in very good condition. The label says Mersman 38-5.

Answers

Best Answer

Considering your table is in good condition, or what I can tell from your photo, you should be able to ask around $50 for this table. These types of tables don't have a high resale value.

Best Answer

Mersman tables are well made but so many were produced (mid century) that resale value on most styles runs in the $45-95 range.

• An insurance appraisal may state more money but when trying to sell it is difficult as so many table are available and most of the time you have to sell in your own area as shipping is very costly.
  • I did find one table very similar to yours and the asking price is $75 but shipping would be over $100.
  • https://www.eba  qiYAAOSwkvFaafhw
  • Just to illustrate a point - here is a table that sold for only $5 (10/2017)
  • https://www.ebt  table-by-mersman
  • Questions about Mersman tables is a popular item on ThriftyFun so you might find some useful information on past postings.
  • https://www.thr  n-Furniture.html

I have a Mersman table #7434. Could you tell me what kind of table it is, how old it is, and if it's worth anything? I can't find anything online about it.

Answers

Best Answer

Mersman tables were made in the middle part of the 20th century. This is one of the larger tables. From what I have seen, tables of this kind are worth between $175-$225.

Best Answer

This company closed in the mid 20th century and when they were opened they mass produced tables for people's homes. At this time most homes had one table or another made by this company.

Anyhow, your table looks in fairly good condition and I would estimate from what people are selling them for you could get around $150 to $200 depending on if they are in high demand or not.

How do I find out the value of a Mersman table, 6296?

Answers

Best Answer

Finding the value of your Mersman Table:

• Mersman was a company that mass produced tables for home before it closed.
  • Many people had these tables in their homes because they were reasonable.
  • Unfortunately, Mersman isn't a table that holds its resale value and gets more valuable with age.
  • Depending on the condition of the table they sell at most auction houses start at $50 to $80 at the most.
  • Considering you didn't upload an image of the table I would give you my best guess around $60 to $80 if this is in good condition and in high demand.
  • Ad

• Currently the people who sell these tables are the ones that are in high demand.

I found this set of Mersman end tables on the curb. They're in fantastic shape. There are drawers on the bottom and they have what look like leather tops. Any information you can give would be great. Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

Excellent find! From what I have seen on eBay I would value them at $75 each.

Best Answer

You have basically identified them with the number 9142. This company uses to produce these types of tables in mass production when they were in business. So many people had these in their home at the time.

This wood isn't top quality wood and it won't bring a large resale value to you. However, the tables look in good condition and you should clean them up some and enjoy them in your home.

It's a long coffee table with three posts on each end.

Answers

Best Answer

This company made hundreds of thousands of tables back in the 1920's. The tables were inexpensive and most everyone owned one in their home. Unfortunately, that means that these types of tables did not retain or increase in value over the years. Many people think these types of table are worth a lot of money. However, this isn't the case. The tables normally sell from $50 to $200 depending on the condition, supply, and demand at the time you want to sell the table.

Best Answer

Mersman tables were made in the 1950's. If it is a long table, it is probably worth $100-$125, if it's in good condition.

I am trying to find out how old my Mersman table is and the value. I have attached pics.

Answers

Best Answer

The company made more than 30,000 tables in the 1920's that were sold to almost every home at this time. The tables were not made of top quality wood so therefore, they don't hold a resale value as a top quality piece of furniture of this time.

This type of table is common and sold frequently on eBay and other auction houses. Normally a table like this goes for around $40 to $60. However, keep in mind these table values will change from time to time depending on the supply and demand of this model.

Best Answer

This table was made in the mid-twentieth century. From what I have seen on eBay it is worth about $100.

I have a small table from my mother-in-law (born 1909) that was her mother's table. It is a Mersman with the number 4685 on the underside. Is it one of many or more rare?
Thank you for any information you can offer.

Any idea what this Mersman card table is worth?

What is the value of a Mersman table #6275 with a glass top?

Answers

Best Answer

It is hard to tell the condition of the table. It looks like it is in fair to good condition. In this case you can sell the table for $65 to $75.

I have a Mersman table that opens up in the middle and has compartments inside it. It's labeled Mersman 7371. Year? Rarity? Value? It has a hidden secret compartment in it.

Answers

Best Answer

The company made many of these types of table back in the 1920's and many people had them in their home. Considering the condition of this table your value or price for the piece won't be much. You could ask around $35 to $50 for this in the condition it is in. These tables were manufactured in the 1920's like I said earlier.

I purchased this coffee table with a drawer and wheels for $30. I am wondering if that was a good deal and what it may be worth.

Answers

Best Answer

The table looks in fairly good condition and it doesn't seem to have too much damage at all. I feel that you paid a fair price for this table. I believe people are selling tables similar to this one on eBay starting at $50 to $75.

The selling price of these types of table is based on demand. How many people are looking for this model will determine the value of this table. If not too many people want this model of a table the selling price is lower.

Before the company closed its doors, they sold so many different style tables for homes. These tables were mass produced and sold for a very reasonable price. These types of table didn't hold their resale value like other tables made from this time. However, I feel like you have purchased the table at a fair price and you could double your investment if you wanted to sell the table again.

I have 2 matching Mersman 7015 end tables with glass covered surfaces. How would I find a value for them, either to insure or sell? They are in excellent condition.

Answers

Best Answer

Matching Mersman end tables:

1. Mersman is a furniture store that mass produced Mersman tables until the warehouse closed.
  2. Many people owed these tables in their homes because the price was rather reasonable and not too expensive.
  3. Some tables such as yours have lasted over the years and have been kept in good condition.
  4. Unfortunately, the price of these tables has declined in value, instead of increasing in value.
  5. Many of these tables are listed on eBay and a few other auction houses for a starting price of $30 and going as high as $150.
  6. However, the asking price isn't always the sale prices of these tables. Many people end up settling for far less than what they asked originally.
  7. If you would like to insure your table you can't ask more than $50 for each one. Even if they have a glass top on the table. The maximum price you could insure these tables for is $100 for the pair.
  8. The only reason I am quoting this price is because if the table was damaged and couldn't be repaired you could easily replace the table for under $50.
  9. I would estimate that the two table you own now could be sold for $75 to $100 for the set.

I have a Mersman round table and a rectangular table 7384 and 7499. How much are they worth and is that a red or Bombay mahogany?

Answers

These tables are mahogany; I'm not sure which.
The round table is in better shape. I think it's worth $100. The other one is about $75.

I have a Mersman 2266 table. What is it worth?

I was given this table by my grandparents. I am in the process of moving and noticed the Mersman label under the table. The label says Mersman 59 43. I can't seem to find it online. Does anyone know how much it is worth if I sell it? Thank you for your help!

Answers

Best Answer

Normally these tables sell for around $50 to $100 depending on the condition of the table. You'll also need to consider supply and demand and how many of these tables are available and how many people are looking for this model of a table.

I have a library table with a maker's seal and mark as shown in these pictures. I'm curious of the type of wood, the year it was made, and the value. It is oval with two thick pedestal legs rising from a lower platform, that sits on scroll looking feet.

Answers

Best Answer

This is one of the more rare tables but so many tables/styles were produced that not many ar worth more than $300 - $400 and may not sell quickly as tables are very heavy and difficult and expensive to ship.

• There seems to be 2 tables like this that have been bought/sold or placed up for sale over the past 2-3 years (your table and one with a glass top).
  • The table with a glass top sold for $342 but no year is given. This article says the table is mahogany.
  • https://www.cha  yle-oval-console
  • Here is a posting of that same table from 2012-2013 but it does not indicate if it was sold.
  • http://www.lotn  3b4-d8684ef27def
  • Here is a link to information on your table as it appeared on Worth Point (previously listed on eBay) but no date given or needed. It seems that it did not sell.
  • https://www.wor  able-with-drawer
  • Since you have some experience with eBay you probably already know that items like this may be worth "this" much money but selling them for that price is an entirely different story.
  • There are several sites that offer free appraisals and many times they can give you more information about the type of wood and maybe a closer date (although you state made between 1900-1915).
  • https://www.val  ntique-furniture
  • https://www.jus  ersman-furniture
  • ThriftyFun receives a lot of questions about Mersman tables. Here is a link to past questions that you might wish to read.
  • https://www.thr  n-Furniture.html

Here are a couple of links with information about the company.
http://www.anti  vival-furniture/

http://antiques  ppraisals_Online

Load More