Finding the Value of Vintage Mersman Furniture

Category Collectibles
This Ohio based company produced millions of items of furniture during its existence. This is a guide about finding the value of vintage Mersman furniture.

I have a Mersman table number 8048. I would like to know it's value. Can you help?

Answers

This table is in great shape. From what I have seen, I think you could get $150-$175 for it.

I'm seeing them online for $100 to $200

It appears that your table is in very good condition but it is difficult to judge by just a photograph. Has it ever been refinished or repaired in any manner? If anything has been done to the table, that would lower the resale value.
There are a lot of Mersman furniture listed on auction sites like eBay and Etsy at different times of the year but so many pieces were made (about 30 million pieces) that it is hard to place a true value on any item unless you are in the antique business.
Pedestal tables have always been popular so yours might bring a better price. If you are thinking of selling I believe you should consider listing on Craigslist (start at 200 dollars or more) and someone can actually see your table's condition (and there would be no shipping).

The problem with listing items on auction sites is the area is very limited because shipping is difficult and very expensive (which just adds to the cost of the table but no gain/profit to the seller). Small furniture sellers usually list their items as local/pick up only which really puts it in the same area as Cragislist shoppers.
I hope you just like your table and wish to keep it in the family.

I have a Mersman table with a drawer. I was wondering what kind of wood this table is made of and what the value of it is.

I am restoring a 8086 Mersman end table and would like to know the approximate value?

I am chalk painting a cool table and it is stamped Mersman 105 then possibly 03? It is a 2 tier glass table. Can you give me any history or value? Thank you. Sorry not best picture. That table is flipped over now without glass in it because I am painting it.

Answers

The value depends on the condition. Most of the tables I have seen are in the $100 to $150 range.

As you have painted the table, the value (if any), would be much lower.

As mentioned in the comments, the value drops when painted.

There are a lot of Mersman tables on the market but they are not always fast sellers. You must like your table and apparently you have a special place for it in that beautiful blue so I would recommend that you enjoy having and using your table as the Mersman company did do excellent work and used great woods.

They made over 30 million tables during their manufacturing years so you may see one at almost every antique shop and many listed on auction sites.
It is true that once a vintage piece of furniture has been painted the value drops as an antique and would just become a nice painted table.
A painted table like this would probably sell for $25 - 50 if listed on the right site.

ok thanks but it needed the paint. I will update on what I get for it at my consignment store I bring my items to when I chalk paint them. thanks for information Debbie

I am hoping to find the value of my Mersman tall 2 door lighted curio cabinet! The number (104 26) is stamped on the back of it. I googled it every way I can think of, with no success! There are end and coffee tables for days, but no tall curios. I want to make sure that the buyer and I are happy once the transaction is complete!

Thank you for taking the time to read, and for any help/advice given!

I purchased an antique table at an auction and am trying to determine it's value and age. It is a Mersman 7113.

I have been trying to find a value for my Mersman end tables, but I have yet to find much on them. I have one 7637 and one 7634 (with heart cut out). If you have any information on them and an approximate value, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.

Answers

In the sales section of my Facebook, I found a pair for $350

I saw the 7637 for $350 for two.
The 7640 was $40 for one.

Thank you so much!!

Thank you very much! I will have to look up the 7640 - I don't think I've seen that one before. Is it similar to the 7634?

Mersman end tables are popular items but they do not appear to be fast movers. Perhaps because there are still a lot of these still available. You can almost always find several in any "antique" or vintage store you enter. Prices vary according to the condition and the popularity of the design.
There are usually always a large number for sale at any of the auction sites and the asking prices can vary from $40 to several hundred dollars but that does not mean they are all selling for those prices. Auction sellers usually have listings for furniture for sale for maybe weeks or months and sometimes never sell for their asking price. Shipping is a very big problem and very expensive so sellers may have to limit their sales area to their own local local.
You can try checking out listings on eBay and Etsy as these are the two largest auction sites but if you have local furniture auction in your area you might want to check those out.

Here is a link to a site but try not to get carried away with their asking prices.

https://www.ets  n&ref=market

https://www.fac  /521526338046063

http://www.jlaf  .php?t=244679578

I have a pair of end tables that were my grandfather's. I find a lot of info on Mersman coffee and specialty tables, but nothing on the ones that I have. Under the Mersman name is 66-2. The paper tag from the furniture store offers no addition info. Any idea of the age? Any idea of the value? I know the value will depend on condition, and they do have some minor scratches. Thank you for any help!

Answers

Mersman tables were made in the mid 20th century. They are less than $100 each. Yours are in great shape, so I would ask $75 each.

Wow! Thanks so much Judy! That helps a lot. Even if I don't get that for them, just knowing something about them is awesome! I appreciate your response!

There seems to be very little known about actual dates/years most Mersman table were made and there does not seem to be a list anywhere that even antique dealers can rely on. Dealers usually try to go by the actual type of marks on the underside of the tables and that is the reason that most tables will just say "mid-century".
There were so many tables manufactured that most are not really very valuable and they are not fast movers on auction sites. Furniture is very costly (and difficult) to ship so many auctions will state "pick-up only" - no shipping.
You may want to try selling through your local sites (Craigslist, ??For sale) Google your zip and ask about selling items in your locale.
Mersman made table with all kinds of wood and finishes so that would also be a factor in their value.
Please remember - auction listings are just that - listings - and does not always have anything to do with what an item can be sold for. Here is an example of most dealers opinion of the value of these tables: Mersman tables today have little collector value due to their overwhelming availability.
Here are some links for general reading and some sites with tables listed that may give you some idea of what you are searching for:

http://www.ebay  VYkAAOSwc-tY1DBd
https://www.ets  m/market/mersman
https://www.ebt  ogany-end-tables

Here is some past questions/answers on ThriftyFun:

http://www.thri  n-Furniture.html

Thank you! After my own reasearch I knew I wouldn't retire after selling them :) just wanted some additional input, to be sure I hadn't missed any info in my reasearch. Thanks again, this has been helpful!!

Hi I have mersman end tables #7488 and the #42 also stamped on bottom of drawer. Any idea on worth? Thank you!

Can you tell me the value of a Mersman table style number 7735?

What is this Mersman 7008 table worth? I think it needs painting because it is not in the best condition.

What is the value of Mersman coffee table 25-43?

I found a pair of these Mersman 30-1 end tables in mint condition and I can't find any info on them anywhere. Help!

I have a Mersman table which has the number 2745 stamped on the bottom and written on the bottom over a another number 503, but no label. It's very probably from the 1930s. I inherited it from my grandmother. It's the two-tier pie table.

Unfortunately in a recent move from one state to another, it was treated so roughly that the rims of both tiers were damaged, on the top, so severely that a section of the rim was actually broken off in two places, and the veneer badly scraped in several places on the rims of both tiers and gouged. Plus the entire foot of one of the three legs was entirely sheared off (and "thoughtfully" returned with the table).

The table was not in pristine condition when I inherited it with some damage to the veneer on the top tier which was easy to cover, but the aesthetic value of it has now been totally destroyed. Repairing it would undoubtedly cost more than the value of the table.

Can anyone help me give an estimate to the mover's insurance company for the damages? The table, which surely qualifies as an antique, and which more importantly was a family heirloom, is now totally destroyed. There is obviously no value I can put on that, but I definitely want to put in a claim for something for the way they treated this and the several other pieces of treasured furniture they just destroyed.

Thanks.

I have a chance of buying a Mersman model 7113 harp plant stand. It's in very good condition. What would it be worth?
Thanks.

I bought this vintage side table made by the Mersman company at a thriftstore. I refurbished it with new paint to polish it up a bit and to give it a new look. I would like to know how much it would be worth by today's standards.

Answers

The value may be whatever you'd pay for it at Ashley or similar furniture store. It's still a "used" table. While it's a beautiful table, it's not restored. It's been painted. Go to eBay, punch in Mersman furniture for values of original-finish tables.

When I got married in 1967, we purchased Mersman end tables and coffee table. These are top of the line tables. Mine had a drawer in each end table and the joints were dovetailed. I hope you are enjoying your table. Dont let anyone make you feel badly about it. I gave my away because they were too big for my little house. I think my daughter has them.

As with everything, Manuela, it's worth exactly what a potential buyer is willing to pay. If you really want to know, list it on e-bay or craigslist and see if anyone's interested. The words you use to describe the item will either compel people to buy or repel them: it's up to you. "Gently used Mersman," for instance, will certainly be more appealing than saying "used furniture."

You can find prices on EBay, Craig's List, online searches, antique dealers, etc. Most buyers prefer the original finish on furniture and no refinishing, paint etc., of any type. As you have painted the table, the value is much reduced.

I have a library table with a maker's seal and mark as shown in these pictures. I'm curious of the type of wood, the year it was made, and the value. It is oval with two thick pedestal legs rising from a lower platform, that sits on scroll looking feet.

I am looking for the estimated value of a Mersman MCM coffee table model 8180.

Can anyone tell me anything about this end table? It has 5690 on the bottom and the drawer!

I have a Mersman glass top coffee table, #6647, and would like to find out how much it is worth.

This scalloped edged round Mersman table has a different logo on the bottom. No number, just a sticker that says Mersman tables. Can anyone give me info on the age and value of it? Thank you!

This table was found in the family. It's a Mersman table (I know because of sticker on bottom), but that is all we know. We can't find any information regarding this table online. The history, the value. Anyone know?

What is the value of a Mersman 3 tier inlaid end table #6849?

I have a Mersman table number 7092 and am looking for the value of it.

Answers

Hi there! What is the condition of the table? They average around $100, as far as I can see on my online checks.

What is the value of a Mersman side table #7643?

Answers

A set of two of them sold on eBay last year for $400.

I have a Mersman 90-23 coffee table and was wondering how much I should sell it for. It's still in fairly good shape, it just has some minor cosmetic damage on top.

Answers

This is one of the larger tables. I would ask $250.

I have Mersman 3022, midcentury walnut tables with brass wheels. I am interested in the value of my tables.

Answers

I could not find this exact model, but the end tables on eBay are doing for less than $100.

I have a Mersman end table 7707. How old is it? What year was it built? I need a picture of one to look at while I'm restoring an old one.

Answers

These tables are mid 20th century.

My father is asking me to help him sell furniture. I don't even know where to turn or who to ask about the value of this coffee table. Can you help me?

Answers

Take some good photos of it and take them to a couple of estate auctioneers, a furniture store and a couple of antique dealers. They should be able to help you. Asking on here may not be the best, as we are all from all over the country and world. Prices vary greatly depending on where you are located.

Where can I find info about a Mersman table #8714 or original pictures?
Thank you.

Answers

From harryrinker.com: If your coffee table is a pre-World War II Colonial Revival piece, its value is between $35.00 and $45.00, assuming it is in very good or better condition. If it is a post-World War II Colonial Revival example, deduct $10.00. If the coffee table is in a post-1945 modernist style, its value jumps to the $65.00 to $75.00 range.

Load More