Value of a Mersman Coffee Table?

I would like to know the year and value of this Mersman drop leaf coffee table.

Best Answer

Mersman was a popular furniture manufacturer that produced furniture from the 1870s until 1995. The tables were mass produced, around 30,000 in the 1920s and an estimated 20+ million over the course of production. Because these tables were so highly produced, they were in most every home back then. Because they are so common, they do not hold a resale value as a top quality antique at this time. Ive seen them being sold from anywhere from $15 to $200. $200 being an asking bid on EBay for a unique piece in pristine condition.

The tables are identified by the 4 digit numbers located on the underside of the table. From your photo, Im only able to make out what looks like either a 93 d or 36 P. Are there any other numbers on any other part of the underneath of the table? Ive googled both options, but since they are identified by 4 numbers, I havent been able to locate this exact table and Ive looked everywhere. The closest I have found sold for $25 on EBay and it was a 1957 model. Also, I cant make out if that is another shelf underneath or drawer inserts. If you could let me know which one, I can continue to help you search. Im sorry Im not much more help. Im thinking this table in its condition would go for $15-$50 depending on if you are able to find a collector, etc. you may want to contact a local antiques dealer and see if they have any additional information on these tables. They were so largely produced that there has to be many people with additional information.

If you are able to locate any other numbers, post them below and I will help continue to look. Also, if you could post another photo from the side showing the shelf/drawer angle, that may help in locating more info.

Best of luck to you!

I have a Mersman barrel table with a three numbered stamp. I cannot date it. I assume it's from Mersmans earlier runs, but I'm not an expert

66-57

I just pick tis beauty up for $15 its a mersman 2-43 coffee table. Its in high end good condition. Whats its worth? Thanks

i have a merman on bottom it has comfort table 166 10 its 52"x16" it has two glass panels 22"x10 3/4" has bottom shelf that looks like its cane and cherry finish..could you help me out on its value.

I have found a table 7108 mersman in pristine condition and cant find the value anywhere please advise.

Rare table and number despite low collectability. As each table is discarded necause they are common,...the common items become more rare.

My daughter has a Mersman 8233 in good shape. Curious to its worth?

Console Table 168 10?

Best Answer

My understanding of the naming history of this company is that after 1977 they started using the name "Mersman Tables" which is on the sticker on your piece. This would put your piece after that and before they closed in the mid 1990s (I am guessing early 1980s).

Something is not right about your piece--and I am wondering if it was altered to become a drop leave--the drops just don't look factory to me--and I can't put my finger on why. Also it is missing the center (either a leather or Formica or tile center).

I would take the piece to a vintage furniture dealer and see if they can look at it and see what I can't regarding it being converted to a drop leave. I could be wrong and hope I am and that they truly are original.

If you are asking for the value to sell it as is, in this condition, in most places, it would not fetch more than $10-15 dollars. There are just to many condition issues with the piece.

Now, if you fixed it up and created a high end, flea market flip style table from it, you may be able to fetch much more as people love doing that to these sturdy tables, and I have seen project tables fetch into the low hundreds on Etsy and at craft shows featuring reclaimed pieces.

Post back what you learn! Thanks for sharing!

Just For Clarification...Mersman Tables was the original name from the time it started in 1870, it had a few other names, like Mersman Bros., etc, etc...but didn't stop using the 1st name completely until company sold in 1963, the name changed then. Then in 1977, it was sold again & was returned to it's original name, "Mersman Tables".

Most Mersman furniture was manufactured in the middle part of the 20th century. This table is worth in the $250 range, based on what I have seen on eBay.

This table is not in mint condition so the price of the table will be much lower than ones that in mint condition. If you decide to refinish the table and repair the condition of this table you can ask around $100 to $200 for the piece. The condition it is in now you may get around $25 to $75 for this table.

In good condition you can get up to $200 on Ebay!

These tables are several years old and if the condition is good and original painted or layered, then they are around couple of hundreds.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureNovember 3, 2019
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-a-Mersman-Coffee-Table-13.html