Inexpensive Activities for College Students

Category Frugal Fun
College students are notoriously short on money for fun activities. This is a guide about inexpensive activities for college students.

I am a college student so of course we are always broke. I don't like bars and in a small town, even with money, there's not much to do Do you have any ideas?

By Mary

Answers

When I was in college, most of the students didn't have cars, we did a lot of walking. Sometimes would stop in a cafe for a pop/soda or coffee. A lot of us never went to a movie or a bar. I know some did. I was better off than a lot of the students, for one thing I had worked for two years, and I lived with an aunt and uncle(my Dad's brother and my Mother's sister) and they didn't have kids of their own, so I was kind of spoiled. <p> I got to use their car to go to and from school, and sometimes to do some cruising, but when I used the car for cruising I would use some of my spending money and make sure the car had as much gas when I went home as when I started out. I probably could have spent more on recreation, but preferred to spend more money on clothes.

There is also card games and board games.

Bunco night, or poker night, Scrabble, Monopoly, strategy games, teahouses/coffeehouses, knitting/crocheting groups, pancake parties, book clubs, movie nights, walking clubs, ultimate frisbee, frisbee golf, croquet, bocce, badminton, volunteer work, tutoring.

Find someone of like mind, make a plan, make a flyer or invitations, and do it. If you don't know how to proceed, decide on an idea or two, and repost on here being more specific about what you need to know to get started (or message). Understand that it may start small; but chances are, you are not the only one looking for outlets.

Sit around in a circle and tell a story. The trick is one person at a time next in line can only add one word to the story. And you only have 5 seconds to give the word or you are out. Keep going around until there is only one person left.
The added words must make sense with the sentence being formed.

This is hilarious fun! Fixitiguy1971