Inexpensive Craft and Hobby Ideas

crocheted plastic bags
There are many things that you can make with materials that do not cost very much money. This guide contains inexpensive craft and hobby ideas.

I don't have a whole lot of money. I would like to do arts and crafts, but I can't really come up with very many cheap crafts. I sew, but it can get expensive. I like making necklaces, but it can also get expensive to buy the beads. Any idea of a hobby or craft I can make? Thanks. I read books! Any ideas would help.

By Mary

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

I make paper beads into necklaces and for gifts using colorful magazine pages, a toothpick to keep a hole in the center, glue and ribbon, cord or wire to keep them together. Youtube.com has instructions and lots of pictures on pinterest and etsy or simple google paper beads. One magazine can keep me busy for quite a while.

Visit the public library to get books on any subject to keep you occupied. Moving to a new place where you know no one is tough at first. I once had a framed saying "Home is where your heart is." Once you get a hobby you enjoy doing in your spare time, you'll begin to feel more comfortable about your new surroundings. Good luck to you.

I am bored out of my mind. I just moved to a new area, I know no one. I am totally broke and looking for a second job. What can I do besides work out? I love arts and crafts, but I have no inspiration in this boring place. Help.

By Madeline

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Volunteer at a local senior center, school, church that has art or craft classes. It will give you something to do, help them out, and make you feel good all at the same time!

Howdy,

I have an easy crafts for you. 1. take a yellow sponge cut it corner 2 corner 2 make a triangle. Then use a half of a walnut shell glue 2 eyes near the pointy part then glue on a tiny pom-pom. I use 5mm. underneath the shell cut a rubberband and glue it 4 a tail. Then cut some ears out of tan felt. Now you have a mouse. Next I glue it onto the sponge; on the backside glue on a magnet. Put on fridge. Norma

Take up quilling - NOT quilting - but quilling. Google it, check it out on pinterest and you will find a lot of good items to work on. It's addictive too!

I was in the same boat as you- I went to thrift and second-hand stores in my area for the express purpose of finding a new cheap hobby or craft. My idea was that if I didn't like it, I wouldn't be out a lot of money. I ended up finding some valuable and forgotten vintage 50s/60s needlecraft kits that people sell on ebay for ten times more than what I paid for mine- but I won't sell them myself. I did the kits myself to give as gifts. It's a wonderful hobby.