Is Ocean Pine Oil a Solvent?

Is Ocean pine oil a solvent or non solvent based cleaner?

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Pine sol used to have a base of pine oil, which is flammable, or a solvent. In 2014 it stopped doing that, so I would say it is not a solvent anymore.

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 255 Posts

She is speaking of Ocean Pine Oil, not Pine Sol. It is a different product.

Ocean Pine Oil is made by the Ocean Coffee Company. It is made of pine oil, and in the state of California used as a pesticide. It is also used as a cleaner. its ph is 10, which makes it a base. This is per the msds database which we use at the fire department for med calls and hazmat calls.

*however, it also states that pine oil ph can vary depending on the type of pine tree it comes from. It is made from the boiling down of wood, needles and bark.

All cleaners are technically solvents, since they have the ability to dissolve dirt and grime. Water is a solvent. If your cleaner claims to contain no solvents, it is lying to you. The phrase appeals to consumers of natural products but is actually meaningless.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

Are you asking because you have some on hand and would like to know if it is safe to use?
If that is the case then to be safe you would have to assume it is a solvent based cleaner.

I do not believe Ocean Pine Oil is in production any longer but the company may still answer questions. The company does not have a web site but information shows they have 8 employees and gives a telephone number:

www.manta.com/.../ocean-coffee-co-inc

Ocean is still in full business, In Shreveport Louisiana and I am an employee there, Pine Oil and Crest-O-Mint are our current main products with mint being slightly less common than the standard Pine

How can I buy the pinesol in bulk

My mother used Crest-O-Mint all the time. I'm in Houston, Texas and would like to purchase Crest-O-Mint. However it is not available in any of the grocery stores.

Is there a way to purchase online?

I've been using Ocean Pine Oil Deodorant Cleanser now for about one year. I actually found this at at local store in my community. It's only 8 Fl. Ozs. I want to know where I can buy this product in Meridian, Ms area?? It's very hard to find the old pine sol I used to buy when I was younger. Most of the ones you buy now don't have that milky look when you poor it in water. Thanks for your help.

Can Customers buy the ocean pine cleaner directly from the company by the case?

Loved this pine oil but can't find it anymore...

Im desperately looking to buy crest o mint
mint oil cleaner. I used to buy it all the time at Albertsons. Then, they stopped carrying it. I have a small cleaning business in Fort Worth Texas. Is there a way to order this from your company directly? I will gladly pay for the shipping. I am interested in 2 cases. Please let me know!

Thank you
Charad C Murphy

To the employee of The Ocean Company in Shreveport Louisiana. Can you advise where/how I can purchase the Pine Oil deodorant cleaner? I live in Montgomery, Alabama. Can it be purchased directly from the company?

Ocean pine oil can be purchased at County Market Grocery stores in Shreveport La

Shreveport La County Market Grocery Stores

Where can Crest-o-Mint be purchased in the Dallas area? Thank you

How can I buy this

You can get it at Ace Hardware or Greers Cash Saver Grocery Store. We have a Ace Hardware inside Greers so I do not know which one it is.

Just purchased 2 bottles of the Crest O Oil yesterday and they did have the Pine Oil too.

No I just called but if you go to your local cash and carry snd ask them to start carrying it then they'll ship it to a business

You can purchase it from Rameys if you have one.

I live in CA. How can I get a hold of some out here? Where can I purchase? Thanks!

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts

I did a little research and it looks like it is still sold in grocery stores in Louisiana. The company that distributes it is:

Ocean Coffee Co Inc
7401 Atkinson Dr
Shreveport, LA 71129
(318) 686-1501

You could try calling them directly to see if they can sell it to you or send you to a buyer that can sell online. Unfortunately, that business doesn't have a website.

Good luck!

Greer's in Ellisville handles it. Think Cash + in Meridian are the same people.

I just found Crest O Mint, ($2.59), and the pine version, ($4.69), at Brookshire's in Weatherford, (about a 45 minute drive west of the DFW area).

I realize this is a very old thread, but I've had stopping there to look for it on my to-do list for that long.

I hope you've already found this, but if not -

I just found Crest O Mint, ($2.59), and the pine version, ($4.69), at Brookshire's in Weatherford, (about a 45 minute drive west of the DFW area). There's another Brookshire's closer to Fort Worth that may have it as well - Worth calling them to check.

Anonymous

I love the products mom did. Also . We have it at market basket stores in Leesville la .. my granddaughter loved it too .

I am from Alexandria, Louisiana and always bought my Ocean Pine Oil at our Super 1 Foods store. The last two times I've been in there,
they are out of stock. Today I found a person that works there and
they told me they no longer carried it. Can I order straight from you?
If not, can you tell me where in Alexandria I can find it? It's the only pine oil I like. Thanks

🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Is-Ocean-Pine-Oil-a-Solvent.html