Sewing MachinesMachines

Janome Memory Craft 7500 Sensor Foot Error Message

My Memory Craft 7500 is displaying a message that says "sensor foot check mode". What does that mean and how can I correct it?

The foot pedal may have a sensor problem. You may have to bring it in for servicing.

thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/.../janome-troubleshooting-faq

This site gives their contact info. They have responsive customer service. I would call before seeking service.

Many of their fixes are easy once they share tips and tricks!

I do not know how long you have been using this particular machine or if you are an "occasional" user or an old hand at fixing problems but; either way, I would suggest you seek assistance from one of the sewing machine forum or from Janome.

• Although Janome is not always a lot of help with older machines as usually the only help answers you receive is the year the machine was made as most of the people answering questions may not have been around in 1990 and all they have on hand will be a chart on how to answer questions.
  • That said; here is a link to ask questions that may get you an answer:
  • www.janome.com/.../
  • Here is a site that has all sorts of information and a forum to ask questions but I believe this is one you may have join (free of course) but well worth the trouble even for future use.
  • sewing.patternreview.com/.../7554
  • Janome has a lot of free information and numerous videos if you have not already checked them out.
  • www.janome.com/.../

Just in case someone needs a manual for the Janome (or New Home) 7500 here is a link to PDF from Janome:

www.janome.com/.../inst-book-mc7500-en.pdf