Job Ideas for a Teenager

I am from India. I am 14 years old. Can you give me some tips for making money?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

You could babysit, do computer work, walk dogs, mow lawns, or tutor children younger than you.

In the United States, one can't work until 16 years old at least. But, under your parents supervision - you could babysit or tutor younger kids.

When you're 16, you will be able to do freelance online work online.

I believe Judy's suggestions just about covered jobs available to teenagers - maybe these jobs are available in India also.

You do not say if you are male or female but most jobs can be done by either. The only job I see left out is cleaning - cleaning (anything - houses. rooms, sheds, yards, store bathrooms, etc). Usually these are the jobs no one else wants to do so you may find something in this area.
I applaud you for wanting a job and wish you very good luck in your endeavor.

Why not get to know your neighbours? Knock on doors, introduce yourself, point out your house and ask if they need help with anything. Perhaps suggest a few things such as cleaning up the garage, raking the lawn, washing windows, vacuuming inside vehicles and so forth. If they say no, ask them to keep you in mind and - again - point to the house you live (so they know where to find you when they do think of something).

Some elderly people are looking for a person to sit with them during the day. You can pick up small items for them at the store. You can read them a book or even play cards with them.

My grandchildren sell fresh lemonade on their front lawn.

Offer to walk people's dogs that live in your neighborhood.

How about babysitting, dog walking, mowing lawns, yard sales, or local fruit markets?