KFC Blueberry Cake Recipe

Years ago, my mother had a recipe that she got from Kentucky Fried Chicken that was for a blueberry cake. It was amazingly like a giant blueberry muffin with a crispy top. She never frosted it, just a light dusting of powdered sugar. I'd love to have that recipe again. I know that she got the recipe back in the 60s.

Sarah from Berrien Springs, MI

Answers:

KFC Blueberry Cake Recipe

I don't have that recipe, but I add 1 vanilla instant pudding to a yellow cake mix with blue berries and get same effect. It is so good I took it to a school PTA. It went in seconds! (05/08/2008)

By Kim

KFC Blueberry Cake Recipe

I happened on this site looking for advice on removing labels off plastic; decided to peruse the site. Saw your posting, Googled "KFC Blueberry Cake" and found the following recipe:

http://www.kfc.com/tips/huckleberry_cake.asp

The recipe name is Huckleberry Cake, but the recipe calls for huckleberries or blueberries. The link also has a nice image. Recipes on the KFC website, I never would've thought.

Hope this helps. Carlene (05/09/2008)

By Carlene Bratch

KFC Blueberry Cake Recipe

Carlene you are an angel!
I searched all over KFC's website, but that was several years ago. One look at the photo and I knew that was the very cake Mom used to make!

Thank you so much!
Now all I have to do is get some blueberries!
Everyone, if you think you like blueberry muffins, make this cake! (05/09/2008)

By Sarah Leach

KFC Blueberry Cake Recipe

Blueberry Coffee Cake

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk, plus 2 tablespoons milk
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups blueberries

Topping

• 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons butter

Directions - Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 9 inch spring form pan.
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.

In a large bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid) cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients (I added the nuts last). Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.

Bake for 45 minutes (for some reason when I make it, it takes closer to 1 hour) until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool. I like to remove cake to cake plate and dust with powdered sugar.

(05/09/2008)

By LEONA LABINE