Kale and Potatoes
I have a bumper crop of kale. This dish can be a meatless meal, a side dish, or a filling for omelettes. It is quick and very cheap, especially if you grow your own vegetables. Measurements do not have to be precise. I made enough for two servings. Use more kale than you think, as it cooks down a lot.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Source: Mother Earth News
- 1 potato, cooked peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- oil for sautéing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash kale thoroughly. Fold in half, cut near the stems and chop.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is golden.
- Add the potato. Sauté until the edges are brown.
- Add the kale. Cover and simmer a couple of minutes until wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!