Kale Salad Recipes
A hardy cabbage relative, kale can be used for a very nutritious salad. This page contains kale salad recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A vendor at the local farmer's market was passing out samples of this salad. I'm usually not a big fan of kale, but someone had given me some kale I needed to use and since I enjoyed the sample, I decided to give the recipe a try. It was great. I've since made this salad several times and served it to several guests with great reviews.
Total Time: 1-4 hour
Source: New Seasons Market
- 8 cups kale, washed, dried, stems removed, and ripped or chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp sugar, more or less to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Add chopped or torn cake into large bowl and toss with red onions and Ginger Lime Vinaigrette dressing. Allow to marinate for 1-4 hour, tossing occasionally. This is an important step, since marinating in the dressing reduces the bitterness of the kale.
- Add blueberries and toasted almonds. Toss and serve immediately.
*I've substituted sliced almonds (untoasted) for the the toasted slivered almonds with good results.