Kale Salad Recipes
A hardy cabbage relative, kale can be used for a very nutritious salad. This page contains kale salad recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This salad came about when we had an overabundance of baby kale and oranges in our garden, and walnuts were on sale for 75% off. How could I not? Packed full of nice textures, sweetness, and savouriness, this is a simple and delicious dish!
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 10 oz baby kale, cleaned
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp vinegar of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stems from the kale leaves. Rip the leaves into smaller pieces.
- Cut around the orange to remove its peel and all the white pith.
- Make two slices into each segment of the orange so you don't get any of the orange skin in your cuts.
- Cut the segments into bite-sized pieces, removing any skin that you might find.
- Plate the kale, oranges and walnuts. Mix together the vinegar, salt, pepper, and oil. Drizzle over salad.
A winning recipe that softens the kale and makes it so delish!
A vendor at the local farmer's market was passing out samples of this salad. I'm usually not a big fan of kale, but someone had given me some kale I needed to use, Since I enjoyed the sample, I decided to give the recipe a try.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.