Kale Soup Recipes
Kale is a healthy addition to nearly any soup, but pairs especially well with potatoes and sausage. This guide contains kale soup recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This was a quick hearty soup made with odds and ends from the fridge. We served it with warm bread. It was just as good leftover the next day. Feel free to add other veggies you may have on hand.
Total Time: 1
- 1 lb sausage, chopped (I used chicken sausage)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 bunch kale, chopped (substitute chard or spinach, if you like)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt, pepper, chili powder and Italian seasoning to taste
- Sauté onions in oil for a couple of minutes, then add in garlic and mushrooms.
- When the onions start to look softened, add in sausage, carrots and potatoes, broth and seasonings.
- Bring to just a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Add kale and cook for about 5 minutes more before serving. Parmesan cheese would be a great garnish.
February 1, 20130 found this helpful
Make this tasty sausage and potato soup at home. This page contains zuppa Toscana recipes.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
Does anyone have a recipe for Kale soup?
By Ellen McGarigal from West Wareham, MA
Answer this Question...
October 16, 20090 found this helpful
Last week I made the best soup ever using kale, water, turkey, and chicken bouillon cubes. The only thing I measured was the water, 6 cups, and the cubes, 7. I measured neither the kale or the turkey. Simmered it for awhile. I used Redbor kale and just chopped it up raw. The turkey was scavenged off a carcass. It was one of the best soups I've ever eaten and I had my doubts about it before I made it. I served it with cornbread. Yummy!
Susan in Omaha