Sausage Kale Soup
This was a quick hearty soup made with odds and ends from the fridge. We served it with warm bread. It was just as good leftover the next day. Feel free to add other veggies you may have on hand.
Total Time: 1
- 1 lb sausage, chopped (I used chicken sausage)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 bunch kale, chopped (substitute chard or spinach, if you like)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt, pepper, chili powder and Italian seasoning to taste
- Sauté onions in oil for a couple of minutes, then add in garlic and mushrooms.
- When the onions start to look softened, add in sausage, carrots and potatoes, broth and seasonings.
- Bring to just a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Add kale and cook for about 5 minutes more before serving. Parmesan cheese would be a great garnish.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide