Making Kale and Sausage Lentil Soup
This delicious hearty soup is perfect for cold winter nights or anytime. Smoked sausage adds a great flavor complementing the carrots, onions, kale, and lentils. The easy to follow instructions can be found below.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a hearty and delicious soup that's packed with vitamins. Using a meat as flavourful as smoked sausage makes it so you barely have to add many seasoning elements. I used a can of prepared lentils for speedy cooking. I love this soup on cold days!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, chopped
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15oz) lentils
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots. Cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add the smoked sausage and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the kale. Cook until wilted, stirring often. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Pour in stock and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add lentils and increase heat to high. Cook until thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately. I love mine with fresh lemon juice.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.