Kale and Sausage Lentil Soup
This is a hearty and delicious soup that's packed with vitamins. Using a meat as flavourful as smoked sausage makes it so you barely have to add many seasoning elements. I used a can of prepared lentils for speedy cooking. I love this soup on cold days!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, chopped
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15oz) lentils
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots. Cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add the smoked sausage and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the kale. Cook until wilted, stirring often. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Pour in stock and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add lentils and increase heat to high. Cook until thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately. I love mine with fresh lemon juice.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!