Making Lentil Soup With Turkey Meatballs

Category Soups
Looking for a tasty ground turkey recipe? Try making this flavorful lentil soup with small turkey meatballs. This page contains a recipe for making lentil soup with turkey meatballs.

This is my own recipe. It is healthy and delicious.

Meatballs: Soup:

Directions:

Meatballs: Mix all ingredients well. Form into small meatballs or add to pot to be browned by the tablespoonful.

Soup: Using your preferred oil (I like olive oil for this) saute the celery, peppers, and onion for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and meatballs. I just get a little spoon of the meat mixture and drop it in the pot. Brown the meat, then add the tomatoes, water/broth (I like chicken broth) lentils, and herbs. Cook with the lid on for 40 minutes. Now add the carrots and cook 10 minutes, then the greens (I use kale or mustard greens) and the zucchini, and adjust the seasonings. Simmer until the vegetables are done.

I tend to add whatever fresh vegetables I have on hand, and I usually increase the seasonings. I really love this with cornbread. It's hearty, delicious, and pretty economical since it makes a big potful.

Servings: 8 - 10
Time:15 Minutes Preparation Time
60 - 70 minutes Minutes Cooking Time

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsNovember 27, 2018
😎
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Lentil-Soup-With-Turkey-Meatballs.html