Baby Kale Walnut Orange Salad
This salad came about when we had an overabundance of baby kale and oranges in our garden, and walnuts were on sale for 75% off. How could I not? Packed full of nice textures, sweetness, and savouriness, this is a simple and delicious dish!
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 10 oz baby kale, cleaned
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 Tbsp vinegar of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stems from the kale leaves. Rip the leaves into smaller pieces.
- Cut around the orange to remove its peel and all the white pith.
- Make two slices into each segment of the orange so you don't get any of the orange skin in your cuts.
- Cut the segments into bite-sized pieces, removing any skin that you might find.
- Plate the kale, oranges and walnuts. Mix together the vinegar, salt, pepper, and oil. Drizzle over salad.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!