Keep Socks Together in the Wash

I was tired of losing socks in the wash so I came up with an easy idea to keep them together. I safety pin together my sock pairs! Most households have safety pins lying around, so put them to good use! If you don't have any safety pins or not enough pins, they can be bought cheaply at a store like WalMart or a craft store like JoAnn's or Michael's, and it doesn't matter which size is used.

A lot of Sunday papers have circulars for these craft stores, so if you get the paper (or a friend does) you could even use a coupon! Hey, it's your money, so who cares if the checkout girl looks at you funny for using a coupon on such an inexpensive item!

I have a pretty glass mug full of safety pins on my bedroom bookshelf and usually pin my socks together when I take them off, before I toss them in the hamper. There are also safety pins in the laundry room, so if I find unmatched socks when I am sorting the laundry, I can pin them then and prevent losing them to the dryer!

By SuzyQ82 from Willoughby, OH