Keeping Celery Crisp

Paper Towel and Aluminum Foil

Take the plastic sleeve off the celery stalk and wrap in paper towel and wrap alum foil tightly around the stalk, every time you remove some of the ribs-rewrap with the paper towel and alum foil, you will be surprise how long the celery will remain fresh and usable

By Rita Purvis

Keeping Celery Fresh

To prevent celery from going bad or getting stale in the refrigerator wrap the celery in aluminum foil. Place it back in the refrigerator and It will stay fresh for weeks.

By Zelma Bieard Ragsdale

Keeping Celery Crisp

To keep celery crisp, stand it upright in a pitcher of cold, salted water and refrigerate.

By Peggy

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel

Keeping Celery Crisp

I came across this accidentally. I bought celery and forgot I already had some. When buying celery I always put it in the plastic bags in the store that require twist ties. It was nearly 3 weeks before I got to my 'new' celery and it was as crisp and fresh looking as when I just bought it. Now I always leave my celery in the bag and after taking out what I want I close it with the twist tie. I think the lack of air helps to keep it fresh.

By Karen Lawrence

Keeping Celery Crisp

Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep much longer!

By Bobbie Gillette

Keeping Celery Crisp

Wash celery well under running water, being careful to rinse the inside as well. Stand upside down and drain completely, then put in a clean breadsack loosely in the fridge. It will last a long time.)

By Aunt Sharon from Texas