Keeping Cotton Gauze Under Ingrown Toenail

I have been putting a very small piece of cotton under an ingrown toenail, but it keeps coming out.
Any tricks to keeping it there?

By Donna

I had the same problem Donna the best way to get rid of a ingrown toenail is if you have one a foot spa it costs about 25-maybe at most 35$ or buy a 5$ bucket from family dollar fill it with warm water add ebson salt. Soak your foot for about 30 minutes every day morning and night after you soak it wrap in a bandaid and neospornen. In a week or so the warm water will have pulled the ingrown nail out far enough to pull out it worked for me. Hope that works.

I have had a lot of luck with a small piece of paper match book matches. It's more firm than cotton and usually stays in place.

Also, you can get finger cots which are small covers that go over injured fingers and you can use the appropriate finger size for your toes. I hope that helps. PBP

I don't have much experience with ingrown toenails. Doctor told me to let them grow out, then cut straight across. That way it doesn't have a chance to ingrow.

Cotton is a fiberous material and tends to stay together. Make sure you have separated it completely by using tiny tiny pieces. Plus keeping it covered like the other response is an excellent way to keep it where it belongs. All the ideas I saw were good. Just adapt whatever works for you best.

Anonymous

I use a very small piece of cotton

Anonymous

I use a very small piece of cotton, soak it in oxygenated water, rub it till it becomes a fine line. Then I try to push it between the skin and nail. In this way it remains till I take it off myself. Really help

I find dry cotton irritates my ingrown toenail, but wet cotton works wonders. I soak my foot daily and reapply the cotton.

Anonymous

I just soaked a piece of qtip end into an antibiotic ointment and stuck it between my toenail and skin....hopefully this will help..