Keeping Couch Cushions From Sliding

I love this couch and it folds out into a fantastic guest bed. I tried every trick in the book to prevent the couch cushions from slipping; rubber matting, velcro, etc., but nothing worked. This is my solution. It may not look the best but it works perfect.

The two loops of fishing rope are tied to the couch frame under the cushions at the back and keep the curtain pole in place! :) Of course you could use a darker pole and rope to match I just used what i had lying about.

While I'm here, I would just like to add that I machine wash and air dry my leather cushions with no problem.

More Solutions

This is a rubber/non adhesive grip liner. It's found at any hardware store with the contact paper. It worked wonders for our brand new slippery couch cushions. It won't damage furniture. Just roll it out on the base of sofa and replace cushions. Problem solved. We used 16 inch width.

Non adhesive grip liner.

9 Questions

How do I keep my couch cushion from sliding? It came with Velcro strips, but it still slides.

By WILMA from OH

Answers

By Jess (Guest Post)
Best Answer

If possible, try Velcro on the underside of the cushions. You can buy sticky velcro, and it shouldn't show once installed.

Best Answer

There are rubber type shelf liners you can find anywhere from your local dollar store to Target to Home Depot. In the past, I've cut them up and placed them between the couch and couch cushions and wallah, no more problems. I'd go with the thicker liners over the thinner ones as they hold better. Good luck.

Answer this Question

The cushions at the base of my sofa keep sliding out.

Answers

I use rubber anti slip pads. I get them from my local home improvement shop.

You can put a couple of those square things that people use to remove jar lids under the cushions

Maybe you could put a thin egg crate mattress under the cushions.

You can use drawer/shelf liners (Dollar Tree has them in rolls) and just cut to size and adjust when necessary.

Attach velcrove strips onto your couch and cushions that should keep it in place.

Do you know the rubber carpet pads that they put down under your carpet. I have found this works the best. Especially if you can turn your cushions over. Place the pad on the couch and cut it to your length. Now place your cushions on top. This should work great for you. I have done it on several couches.

Non-slip Rubber. You can find them at your Dollar Store/Dollar Tree

Answer this Question

I have a couch and love seat with cushions that slide forward when we sit on them. I've tried bed sheets, foam sheets as well as non slip rubber pantry liners. They all roll up instead of keeping cushions in place.

Jennifer from Snellville, GA

Answers

Stacey, velcro worked for me.... You can buy button sized peel and stick velcro.

After reading the comments from others on the slipping couch cushions. I had some spare rubber place mats that I found to use under the cushions. Thanks for the information. Hopefully it works..

it's the edges that aid the rubber mat to roll up. If you thread the sides or tape just the edges, like piping, then it doesn't roll up.

Answer this Question

Use 20 inch wide rubbery shelf liners under cushions to keep them from moving on furniture.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Where can I find rubber foam matting to prevent cushions from slipping off a leather sofa?

I have a sofa and love seat that the cushions slide off of whenever someone sits on it. Then I have to lift the pillowtop back to slide the cushions up under it and back into place.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RepairNovember 27, 2012
👔
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-Couch-Cushions-From-Sliding-1.html