Keeping Dirty Shoes and Boots Outside

Having a dry outside place for footware can keep your family from tracking the dirt inside. This guide is about keeping dirty shoes and boots outside.

Since we live in the country now we get our shoes really dirty and muddy and we don't want to bring them into the house so we leave them on the porch. The problem is my daughters hate spiders so what I did was put shower caps on the tops of their boots. They have a little elastic so they cling to the boot or I insert the back end of the shoe so the opening is covered. Even I like to know nothing is in my boot or shoe when I put them on. You can buy the shower caps at the dollar store and they have multiple in each pack.

By Firefly1985

This is an awesome idea!!
We also leave our shoes out on the porch & this is spider season so I was a little worried...I will definately try this! Thanks.

By Linne Dodds (Guest Post)

It'sa good idea for Inside too. I live in North Florida in the woods.
Otherwise known as Bugs Are Us .& not just spiders but Cockroaches .Oh yeah ,this is a good idea & I guess on the proch Lizards & Frogs could get in too.

& I wouldn't want to hurt one of them. They eat bugs so they & I are great friends!

By (Guest Post)

If you need smaller sizes, use the bowl covers that come in several sizes that you can also get at the dollar store.

I like that idea, thanks. I have one that works for me, too. I keep spiders away from my shoes and boots - especially when we're camping - by stuffing the tops with a plastic bag. If they're going to enter they are pretty much stopped at the top.